New Orleans Saints waive quarterback Chase Daniel (2 Viewers)

Worried about waivers, but logically if anyone REALLY wanted him they could have signed him while he was on the practice squad. I think he'll clear.

Isn't Garcia still lurking out there. If a teems is in need of a quarerback to activate, I'm pretty sure Garcia gets the call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The raiders need a quarterback, but somehow the term "When hell freezes over" keeps ringing in my ears. hahahha

How long do the Saints have to wait before signing him to the practice squad? I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but if I knew--I forgot.

I think this is just for this week so the Giants can't sign either one of them. After this week, I bet Carney will be released. We just don't want to do it for the team who needs him this week, the Giants.

He should clear waivers. Another team would have to add him to the active roster otherwise.

And this settles the question as to who will get cut to make room for Hartley.
I thought that was only if he were signed directly from the practice squad -- in other words, once he clears waivers, he'd be eligible to sign with another team in either capacity. I read the rules about waived players, and the site I read from didn't seem to clarify that.

I actually like Daniels alot. He reminds me alot of Jay Cutler minus the whining :)

I thought that was only if he were signed directly from the practice squad -- in other words, once he clears waivers, he'd be eligible to sign with another team in either capacity. I read the rules about waived players, and the site I read from didn't seem to clarify that.
didn't we sign him to our ps when washington waived him?

He should clear waivers. Another team would have to add him to the active roster otherwise.

And this settles the question as to who will get cut to make room for Hartley.

I believe you got that wrong. He is a free agent. Any team can sign him tp thier practice squad. If you sign him once he is on another team's PS, the player must be on the team's player roster.

How long do the Saints have to wait before signing him to the practice squad? I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but if I knew--I forgot.

24 hours...

You know what I think Payton is a little reluctant to pull the plug on Carney again. We all remember what happened the last time we released him... then nobody (until Hartley) was able to come in and solidify the position.

It took 2+ years to find a decent kicker... so I think superstition has ahold of Payton, and he doesn't dare to cut Carney again.

Why are we keeping 2 kickers? Carney doesn't have the leg anymore for deep kicks. Hartley has played lights out for us last year and in the pre=season. I don't get this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom