New Orleans skyline (2 Viewers)

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Found some old pics my Dad took in about 61-62.
New%20Orleans%20skyline-XL.jpg

Family%20pics_0093-L.jpg

The skyscraper is the Shell building right?

Awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Love the one of Lee looking over the Faubourg Ste. Marie. The Howard Ave end has not changed all that much but boy has it from Poydras to Canal! thanks Boutte

The skyscraper is the Shell building right?

Ten years too early, plus other buildings like the Hibernia Building would be visible. No idea what that building is though. Too early to be several other buildings as well. What is it?

The building in the foreground is now the Contemporary Arts Center. Could be the WTC.

Ten years too early, plus other buildings like the Hibernia Building would be visible. No idea what that building is though. Too early to be several other buildings as well. What is it?

The building in the foreground is now the Contemporary Arts Center. Could be the WTC.

Yep, up until '63, the Hibernian bank tower was the tallest building in the city, until the Plaza Tower, on Howard and Loyola, was built....

Cool pics though....

What building is that in the background with Lee Circle and the Hibernia Bank Tower?

Ah, that is it. At first I thought the shot was from a completely different place and that was two buildings but that is just from the odd shape of the WTC. Looks like construction is still not complete to me but maybe that is just haze.

Boutte, do you know where your dad was standing? Looks like he was on top of the K&B offices.

Yep, up until '63, the Hibernian bank tower was the tallest building in the city, until the Plaza Tower, on Howard and Loyola, was built....

Cool pics though....

What building is that in the background with Lee Circle and the Hibernia Bank Tower?

The one to the left of the Hibernia building is 225 Baronne, which has been empty since Katrina. I just looked it up and it says it was finished in 1965, so maybe these pics are a couple of years later than originally thought.

Ah, that is it. At first I thought the shot was from a completely different place and that was two buildings but that is just from the odd shape of the WTC. Looks like construction is still not complete to me but maybe that is just haze.

Boutte, do you know where your dad was standing? Looks like he was on top of the K&B offices.

As for the angle of the second pic, I would guess the building that is now the Tivoli Place apartments. The K&B building is on the other side of St. Charles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom