Speculation New Orleans to make a trade offer for Derrick Carr this week??? (2 Viewers)

we cant make any trade or offer anything 'official' until league year starts correct>

we cant make any trade or offer anything 'official' until league year starts correct>
We can trade for him before 2/15, but if he’s released my understanding is we have to wait until the start of the league year for the bidding war to begin.

We can trade for him before 2/15, but if he’s released my understanding is we have to wait until the start of the league year for the bidding war to begin.

I think we can agree to a trade now but it becomes official after the league year. And if released now he can negotiate and sign now.

he has a no trade clause, so it wouldnt work unless he wants to come here

Read from Florio back in December. The teams can agree to a trade before his money gets guaranteed, but it would be unofficial until the March. The raiders would be on the hook for the guaranteed money until March when its official and the other team that wants Carr can simply back out and crush the raiders.

Interesting if this is true..,

8A175D86-90D8-4794-AF60-C39C4D1EAD42.jpeg

Attachments

• 43D6A56E-1055-41D9-97C8-2E1FBBABEAF7.jpeg
    43D6A56E-1055-41D9-97C8-2E1FBBABEAF7.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Question:
If we trade or sign a veteran QB, do we still draft a QB in this year's draft?

Question:
If we trade or sign a veteran QB, do we still draft a QB in this year's draft?
I think so. I think we definitely need a developmental player at the very least.

Beyond that, it depends on who we sign and who is available when we pick in each round. Like if we spend big $ for Carr (or Jackson, etc), it doesn’t make much sense to draft a QB high because we still have some immediate needs at impact spots and we’ll need some players on cheaper deals to balance the cap sheet a bit.

I think so. I think we definitely need a developmental player at the very least.

Beyond that, it depends on who we sign and who is available when we pick in each round. Like if we spend big $ for Carr (or Jackson, etc), it doesn’t make much sense to draft a QB high because we still have some immediate needs at impact spots and we’ll need some players on cheaper deals to balance the cap sheet a bit.

True about the immediate needs, but if you are drafting a QB in the later rounds, then usually that is not a QB that you are thinking as a QB of the future. Unfortunately, they seldom make the roster, other than the practice squad. And if they do make the roster, they are used only to run the other's team's offense during practice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom