New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Alright so I'm a travel freak (I am from Buffalo NY). I love road trips, visiting new cities, trying other cities chicken wings :hihi:, and experiencing the nightlife. One thing though - I absolutely hate any weather above 75 degrees ( I even think Buffalo summers are too hot).

What are the temperatures like in November / December in New Orleans? I have 3 weeks vacation coming up this fall/winter and I'm thinking of New Orleans, Seattle, Boston, or Atlanta.

Any recommendations and reasons why I should go to the deep south?! :9:

Probably in the 70s to low 80s... sometimes 50s-60s LOL

No one knows this. Southern Louisiana is crazy for weather.

Alright so I'm a travel freak (I am from Buffalo NY). I love road trips, visiting new cities, trying other cities chicken wings :hihi:, and experiencing the nightlife. One thing though - I absolutely hate any weather above 75 degrees ( I even think Buffalo summers are too hot).

What are the temperatures like in November / December in New Orleans? I have 3 weeks vacation coming up this fall/winter and I'm thinking of New Orleans, Seattle, Boston, or Atlanta.

Seattle will be rainy and Atlanta is a waste of time. I would lean towards Boston or N.O. I am biased, but new orleans has a lot to see and do. It could be hot, though.

You will not like the weather in Louisiana It's not uncommon to see 70's and 80's into late December.

One thing you need to know, Louisiana has the best food you will eat anywhere. Other than that, it does get hot in Nov, and Dec but the occasional cool front is nice.

In New Orleans, you never know.

I remember wearing shorts on Christmas and sweating. I also remember scraping ice off my windshield on Christmas.

But as others have said, the food and entertainment is unlike anything else in the world. If you've never been to New Orleans, you need to go. But don't just stick to the tourist areas either -- N.O. and the surrounding area has some of the most interesting history and culture in the world. There's a LOT to experience.

One thing you need to know, Louisiana has the best food you will eat anywhere. Other than that, it does get hot in Nov, and Dec but the occasional cool front is nice.

I'm a HUGE fan of hot foods, cajun foods, and spicy foods. I would LOVE to try some Cajun wings!

In New Orleans, you never know.

I remember wearing shorts on Christmas and sweating. I also remember scraping ice off my windshield on Christmas.

But as others have said, the food and entertainment is unlike anything else in the world. If you've never been to New Orleans, you need to go. But don't just stick to the tourist areas either -- N.O. and the surrounding area has some of the most interesting history and culture in the world. There's a LOT to experience.

I don't go by the rules

The first id do is go downtown...walk around a bit and shop / try new foods / find a hotel. Then just explore the suburbs and towns and get a feel for the city.

I'm a HUGE fan of hot foods, cajun foods, and spicy foods. I would LOVE to try some Cajun wings!

You would fall in LOVE with New Orleans then. I'm originally from New York, and when i moved down here i was amazed at all the good food, esp if you like hot or spicy food.

But, to me the best part about the city is the DEEP history, and many different cultures that are present down here. There really is no place like New Orleans, esp if you're a history buff like myself.

No offense, but wings are nothing but bar/party food...pretty much the bottom dweller of NO food.

No offense, but wings are nothing but bar/party food...pretty much the bottom dweller of NO food.

you've never experienced Buffalo's DUFFS. i would give up sex for these wings. or even better - eat them while having it.

or buffalo beef on weck, mighty taco, teds hot dogs, pearl street brew, and loganberry!

or buffalo beef on weck, mighty taco, teds hot dogs, pearl street brew, and loganberry!

None of that sounds very appetizing. We have hot dogs, and tacoe places, and beer. I have been to Buffalo and surrounding areas and from what I experienced the food hails in comparison to that from here. I have family in Lockport, NY and they agree. The eating experience here is like no other.

And BTW, as stated on the EE before, we have two seasons:summer and February.

Last edited:
Yeah I love Buffalo food and miss it but New Orleans easily has it beat. You did forget to mention the best food in Buffalo and that's a steak hoagie from Jim's steak out at 3 Am.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom