new poster with saints questions (1 Viewer)

jarhead

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was wanting yalls expert knowledge on a few things:

#1 if we beat Atlanta and Carolina,and lose all our other games do we automatically win our division and a playoff spot?

#2 was there a reason that we couldnt double team Chad Johnson today?

#3 does it look like to some of you that SP calls passing plays an awful lot to prove a point that he made a the right decision in acquiring Drew Brees ?(i am not questioning the decision just the fact that there was alot of doubt and questions about Drews injury when we signed him)

#4 are there any defensive backs available anywhere that we could pick up right now and improve our secondary?

thanks

#1 if we beat Atlanta and Carolina,and lose all our other games do we automatically win our division and a playoff spot?

#3 does it look like to some of you that SP calls passing plays an awful lot to prove a point that he made a the right decision in acquiring Drew Brees ?(i am not questioning the decision just the fact that there was alot of doubt and questions about Drews injury when we signed him)

#4 are there any defensive backs available anywhere that we could pick up right now and improve our secondary?

thanks
1) No
2) No
3) Why does he need to justify signing Brees
4) Probably not

1. No
2. Yes because we {mod edit - Please follow Posting Guidelines}..... the Bengals have a bevy of talented recievers and our safeties often stay home in run support...
3. I think he would do it no matter who was quarterbacking.... he is a pass happy play caller always has been.
4. We could have picked up Ahmad Carrol when the packers dropped him earlier this season, but at this point we are what we are...

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks

#1 No...we would be 8-8 and not in the playoff hunt unless Atlanta and Carolina were both 8-8 or worse.

#2 Good question...there were several times that Bullocks should have been helping Thomas on the Ocho Cinco coverge but he bit on play action and could not get back into coverage. With that said, in obvious passing situations, I did not see our nickel back (Jason Craft) assisting with Chad at all. Curious also why we didn't move McKenzie to the other side once it was obvious that Thomas and Bullocks couldn't cover Johnson. Of course, then TJ Houshmanzadeh probably would have had a big game against Thomas.

#3 I don't think justifying Brees' signing had anything to do with the passing plays predominating the calls. We moved the ball pretty much at will with Payton's play calling. The interceptions in the red zone were on Brees, not Payton.

#4 I don't think so...good shutdown corners are in high demand and you probably won't find them on the waiver wire at midseason. Looking at Thomas and Craft at CB, I can't imagine DeJuan Groce or Curtis DeLoatch could do any worse. With that said, even Anwar Phillips from the practice squad should get a chance.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom