New PS4.5 rumors getting specific... (1 Viewer)

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
text version of a podcast...so, pretty much awful
The problem is that whodatfever has never had an original thought so all he can do is cut and paste from blogs and podcasts. Then his "comments" are just repeating what he cut and pasted using slightly different words.

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Look at it this way... you still have Widge.

and if not... then at least you have the memories of him sitting on your lap @HQ.
I'll never feel clean again. And it was the other way around. And, he did it after I stopped him from following me to the bathroom.

Twenty

Eternal
Reaction score
O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on - W. Shakespeare
So that's why WDF always talks about the size of anita's pecker

authentic

DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!
Reaction score
I'm sure the picture is nice. I've seen beautiful 4K content.

The 980ti is a dilly of a card but limited in effectiveness EVEN at 1440p. However, some older or less demanding games should render playable fps at 4K.

I'm sure you realize that the PS4 is not playing your content at 4K. That is absolutely NOT happening.

Ok. Ok. I'm going to remain calm.

I assume you mean your graphics are maxed out. I'm just going to quote one of the MANY references online as to how that AAA title plays at a SUPER-DEMANDING 4K resolution:

"I was getting 32-34 FPS in 4k, everything up but AA and i have TWO 980tis ..."

The Division Benchmarks Videos @ 1080p/4K - GTX 980 Ti | N4G

I'm WITH you on the PC gaming glory, I am and have been for years. But dude, come on.

Now I know that being a PC Gamer comes with the a terrific feeling of superiority over console players due to a number of reasons anyone can find over at S/PCmasterrace, but engaging in gross hyperbole tends to weaken our arguments when we ARE right.
I play on all 3 consoles and my PC. I play the Division at the specified resolution each and every night, and I experience zero lag. It runs smoother at 4k than it does on my Xbox One, which gets around 30 FPS. Say what you will, but I've been doing this long enough to know what I'm saying. The specs of the rest of the machine are 4.8Ghz i7, 32 GB ripjaws, 500gb SSD. I misspoke about 60FPS, what can I say it was late. However, I don't have 2 in an SLI, and I just checked, I'm pulling between 45-55 FPS with everything than can be turned on maxed out, and with AA. Is that what you call playable FPS? Care to explain how I'm accomplishing what you're calling impossible? I have literally zero reason to pull your excessively hairy leg. And yes of course I'm aware my PS4 isn't outputting 4K, my TV however, is upscaling 1080p like a champ and it looks great.

Division FPS - Album on Imgur Click through for full size images.

authentic

DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!
Reaction score
Yes because we all know 55 is closer to 60 than the 30 WDF claimed. I didn't bother to turn the fps counter on, but it felt like 60 fps. And what do ya know, I turned it on and it's 55. So the fact is it plays much closer to my claim than his, though I haven't forgetten how averse this place is to facts. Point still stands regarding 4K tvs, his info is way out of date.

:covri:

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yes because we all know 55 is closer to 60 than the 30 WDF claimed. I didn't bother to turn the fps counter on, but it felt like 60 fps. And what do ya know, I turned it on and it's 55. So the fact is it plays much closer to my claim than his, though I haven't forgetten how averse this place is to facts. Point still stands regarding 4K tvs, his info is way out of date.

:covri:
Your post in this thread really hit me in the balls about how poor I really am. All 3 consoles, a supercomputer, and some crazy home theater setup. I'm still running my 5 year old oc'd 2500k, and only own a ps4. I'm sure the ps4 vs xbox vs pc debate probably just looks like a bunch of poor peasants making silly arguments because we can't afford(time or money) all the choices available.

Personally from here on I may simply start referring to you as "The Duke".

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Personally from here on I may simply start referring to you as "The Duke".
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0bw55sR4ec8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

authentic

DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!
Reaction score
You're too kind. It's because I don't have kids and my wife is also a gamer. I managed a high paying job to top it off, must have a horse shoe (WDF shoe?) stuck someplace. My computer, tbh, isn't even for gaming really, although I did update the video card for my Vive preorder. It's for music production, first and foremost.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're too kind. It's because I don't have kids and my wife is also a gamer. I managed a high paying job to top it off, must have a horse shoe (WDF shoe?) stuck someplace. My computer, tbh, isn't even for gaming really, although I did update the video card for my Vive preorder. It's for music production, first and foremost.
Your wife is a gamer? All I can do is :mecry:. Lucky bastid.

OP
OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
I'm looking my friend. I promise you I've been looking. I cannot find another example of frames per second that you claim at 4K. I actually want to be wrong, I lust for it. My 390X does not play that game. Because I find it boring. But that doesn't matter. I WANT to believe. Show me a 4K video on YouTube with 60 frames per second with a 980 TI . Please do that. If you can I will admittedly concede that 20 has a bigger wang than I do.

You've shown me screenshots, show me live video of 4K with a 980 TI and what those frames per second I can gladly show you myself using OBS as a twitch streamer admitting I'm wrong

Full Graphics! Sir.

authentic

DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!
Reaction score
It's 45-55 to be fair and I won't get that with screen recording software running. I've put far too much effort into this already lol, my intent was to demonstrate that 4K tvs aren't an issue regarding lag. Beyond that I'm good.

authentic

DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!
Reaction score
I'm gonna chalk it up to my classified being overclocked, and the drivers improving greatly since more than a month ago for The Division in particular.

OP
OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
I'm gonna chalk it up to my classified being overclocked, and the drivers improving greatly since more than a month ago for The Division in particular.

Yeah, every video I've seen with people struggling was using the beta, so, there's that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom