New PS4.5 rumors getting specific... (1 Viewer)

authentic

DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!
Reaction score
I'm honestly impressed with it graphically it looks amazing. I was also surprised how well it runs given all the flak it got during beta. The game itself is decent too, I like it so far. I've been getting some time in with it in between studio sessions. Have you played it? I've heard you play games...

OP
OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
I'm honestly impressed with it graphically it looks amazing. I was also surprised how well it runs given all the flak it got during beta. The game itself is decent too, I like it so far. I've been getting some time in with it in between studio sessions. Have you played it? I've heard you play games...

No. I've been playing Diablo 3, the Tesla Effect and Pillars of Eternity. I also just bought the $99 Europa Universalis pack when Steam just put it on sale for $24. I probably could have gotten away with a weaker card based on those games but I wanted to feel superior to Widge and Antipop. More superior, I should say. Vastly more superior?

I hate those guys.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
Sources: The Upgraded PlayStation 4 is Codenamed NEO, Contains Upgraded CPU, GPU, RAM
NEO will feature a higher clock speed than the original PS4, an improved GPU, and higher bandwidth on the memory. The documents we've received note that the HDD in the NEO is the same as that in the original PlayStation 4, but it's not clear if that means in terms of capacity or connection speed. Starting in October, every PS4 game is required to ship with both a “Base Mode” which will run on the currently available PS4 and a “NEO Mode” for use on the new console.

Original PS4 NEO
CPU 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz___8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHZ___Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s___8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Games running in NEO mode will be able to use the hardware upgrades (and an additional 512 MiB in the memory budget) to offer increased and more stable frame rate and higher visual fidelity, at least when those games run at 1080p on HDTVs. The NEO will also support 4K image output, but games themselves are not required to be 4K native.
It's good that Sony isn't showing any preferential treatment to NEO adopters. No exclusives, anyway. Just the improved frame rates and graphics. Looks like October drop date.

Sources: The Upgraded PlayStation 4 is Codenamed NEO, Contains Upgraded CPU, GPU, RAM - Giant Bomb

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Cool, I think. I just wish there were some sort of trade in to make the upgrade as easy as possible.
I would guess there would be some sort of special. If not, I'll just put my old PS4 upstairs.

OP
OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
There is a very good indication that the Neo will utilize AMD's new Polaris gpu technology which is their 2016 refresh that's not even available yet for PC users? It's 2.3X more powerful than the current PS4. This thing is going to be amazing. It's the closest parity between PC and consoles in history. THIS is exciting.
Sounds dumb

OP
OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
AMD confirms 3 new graphics processors (APUs-console chips) releasing this year. One is for the PlayStation Neo, one is slated for the Nintendo NX. Rumor is the third MIGHT be for the Nintendo NX handheld, "separate-use" controller.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/amd-promises-three-new-gaming-processors-coming-soon-is-one-for-xbox/

If that NX rumor does not bear out, however, that leaves us with an SOC that could land in a new, Xbox-branded console. According to Su's statements, any unannounced SOCs would land in "a different console or a new console," as opposed to "the current generation," so this wouldn't merely describe any AMD contribution to an "Xbox One Slim" model, but there's no telling at this point whether Microsoft would actually create an Xbox 1.5 console as a result. (Some sort of new Xbox hardware will definitely be revealed by this June, at any rate.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom