New PS4.5 rumors getting specific... (4 Viewers)

I'm looking my friend. I promise you I've been looking. I cannot find another example of frames per second that you claim at 4K. I actually want to be wrong, I lust for it. My 390X does not play that game. Because I find it boring. But that doesn't matter. I WANT to believe. Show me a 4K video on YouTube with 60 frames per second with a 980 TI . Please do that. If you can I will admittedly concede that 20 has a bigger wang than I do.

You've shown me screenshots, show me live video of 4K with a 980 TI and what those frames per second I can gladly show you myself using OBS as a twitch streamer admitting I'm wrong

Full Graphics! Sir.

It's 45-55 to be fair and I won't get that with screen recording software running. I've put far too much effort into this already lol, my intent was to demonstrate that 4K tvs aren't an issue regarding lag. Beyond that I'm good.

I'm gonna chalk it up to my classified being overclocked, and the drivers improving greatly since more than a month ago for The Division in particular.

I'm gonna chalk it up to my classified being overclocked, and the drivers improving greatly since more than a month ago for The Division in particular.

Yeah, every video I've seen with people struggling was using the beta, so, there's that.

I'm honestly impressed with it graphically it looks amazing. I was also surprised how well it runs given all the flak it got during beta. The game itself is decent too, I like it so far. I've been getting some time in with it in between studio sessions. Have you played it? I've heard you play games...

I'm honestly impressed with it graphically it looks amazing. I was also surprised how well it runs given all the flak it got during beta. The game itself is decent too, I like it so far. I've been getting some time in with it in between studio sessions. Have you played it? I've heard you play games...

No. I've been playing Diablo 3, the Tesla Effect and Pillars of Eternity. I also just bought the $99 Europa Universalis pack when Steam just put it on sale for $24. I probably could have gotten away with a weaker card based on those games but I wanted to feel superior to Widge and Antipop. More superior, I should say. Vastly more superior?

I hate those guys.

Sources: The Upgraded PlayStation 4 is Codenamed NEO, Contains Upgraded CPU, GPU, RAM

NEO will feature a higher clock speed than the original PS4, an improved GPU, and higher bandwidth on the memory. The documents we've received note that the HDD in the NEO is the same as that in the original PlayStation 4, but it's not clear if that means in terms of capacity or connection speed. Starting in October, every PS4 game is required to ship with both a “Base Mode” which will run on the currently available PS4 and a “NEO Mode” for use on the new console.

Original PS4 NEO
CPU 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz___8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHZ___Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s___8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Games running in NEO mode will be able to use the hardware upgrades (and an additional 512 MiB in the memory budget) to offer increased and more stable frame rate and higher visual fidelity, at least when those games run at 1080p on HDTVs. The NEO will also support 4K image output, but games themselves are not required to be 4K native.

It's good that Sony isn't showing any preferential treatment to NEO adopters. No exclusives, anyway. Just the improved frame rates and graphics. Looks like October drop date.

Sources: The Upgraded PlayStation 4 is Codenamed NEO, Contains Upgraded CPU, GPU, RAM - Giant Bomb

Cool, I think. I just wish there were some sort of trade in to make the upgrade as easy as possible.

I would guess there would be some sort of special. If not, I'll just put my old PS4 upstairs.

There is a very good indication that the Neo will utilize AMD's new Polaris gpu technology which is their 2016 refresh that's not even available yet for PC users? It's 2.3X more powerful than the current PS4. This thing is going to be amazing. It's the closest parity between PC and consoles in history. THIS is exciting.

Sounds dumb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom