New RB coach (1 Viewer)

Strange like Major Applewhite coaching the RB's at UT strange? Unusual to say the least.

Maybe they took their bios off till' they are formally introduced?

That's my guess, after thinking about it....weird though.

Here is some info I got from the Buccaneers website when he was first hired to their team.

Before jumping to the NFL, Kromer spent two seasons as an assistant at Northwestern, coaching the offensive line. He spent the 1990-98 seasons at his alma mater, Miami of Ohio, coaching the offensive line, along with the tight ends, H-backs, defensive line and special teams at varying points during his stay. That wide range of experience will serve Kromer well with the Buccaneers.

“He will have some very broad areas of responsibility,” said Gruden. “He’ll work with the offense. He’ll work with me, specifically. His role will be defined as we move forward. He’ll help Bill Muir. He’ll help [tight ends coach] Ron Middleton. He’ll help us as an offensive football team. We’re looking forward to collaborating with him. A great teacher, he’s done a great job developing great players, not only at Northwestern, but also with the Raiders.”

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=4336

Sounds like he doesn't just have experience with the Offensive Line.

Here is some info I got from the Buccaneers website when he was first hired to their team.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=4336

Sounds like he doesn't just have experience with the Offensive Line.

And it sound like Gruden thought he could do a lot more than work with the offensive line. Also, Gruden and Payton are close, so it's not surprising that Payton would go after a guy who worked closely with Gruden. Finally, he has the thing that Payton seems to look for with coaches, teaching ability. It's the common thread that runs through every hire he has made. They are all guys who teach the game.

It seems like an odd hire for a rinningback coach, but you would have to think the guy is a good offensive mind given what Gruden had to say about him. And who knows, maybe Payton inteviewed him and he had some good ideas on how to get Bush on track. That's going to be the numbe one job of any new runningback coach with this team. Afterall, Stecker, Thomas and Deuce don't seem to need much development.

I don't see either of these guys listed on the "coaches" page, the links don't work, and nothing is listed in regards to this on the "transactions" page.

Either nothing's official yet and something changed, they decided they should be waiting for a formal introduction, or potentially some of you have the ability to see into the INTERNET FUTURE and I don't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom