New reel time (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have 2 reels. Currently rigged with Okuma reels on Shimano rods. I like the combo.

51ODv7%2BmfmL._AA300_.jpg

and

419B6I34EUL._AA300_.jpg

I like these 2 reels.

I am looking at a third. I am not familiar with these types. I am assuming they are very similar to bait cast. Would a trolling reel work well for marsh fishing?

41djd1B97qL._AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030E6KPM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

For the price, I am heavily considering trying out, but if it won't work for the marsh, I won't bother.

Not sure why you wold think that Okuma reel wouldn't work in the marsh..And yes it is a baitcasting reel.While I use spinning gear, most catfisherman I know use baitcasters. The most popular among them being the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur series..I can tell you this, Okuma makes a fine product at an affordable price..Okuma is my reel of choice and haven't had a lick of problems from them..I use the ABF series spinning reels from Okuma.

It was labeled a "trolling reel", which is why I am hesitant as I've never used one. I may just give it a shot. Bait casts are so smooth once you master them.

Well some one must've labeled it wrong cause trolling reels don't have levelwind and this one does.Did'nt see anything about trolling in the link..Best thing to do though is to actually go to a dealer and put it in your hands..To me picking reels, I gotta feel them and see if I'm comfortable with it..

I love my Okuma rod n reel. The dual-drag on the reel is perfect for surfcasting. One flick of the lever and it goes from almost-freespool to stop 'em in their tracks fighting trim.
Okuma_Coronado_4db83027132b0.jpg

The rod is a freakin' beast and I'm still learning how to wield it.
13567188.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom