New report claims the 49ers never made Nnamdi an offer (1 Viewer)

It is clear that no one wants him, that makes it even more clear. He is washed up, stick a fork in him. If he was worth his salt there would be multiple teams interested.

You do realize the Saints want him right. So how does nobody wants him prove your point. Loomis himself said we want him

So what are you talking about again?

"We're always looking for good players to improve our team and we think Nnamdi would be a great fit for our defense and our team," Loomis said.

Washed up, NFL minimum.

Heck, even that's an encouraging thought. It's a buyers market, and maybe the 9ers were just sniffing. The market demand has gone down since the initial flurry and contract money is coming back down to earth..

It is clear that no one wants him, that makes it even more clear. He is washed up, stick a fork in him. If he was worth his salt there would be multiple teams interested.

Y'all are making wrong assumptions. It wasn't the 49ers who chose not to make an offer.

This article says that Nnamdi is the one who "isn't interested" in actual negotiations until he has talked to the teams who are interested. He apparently wants to talk about scheme and fit - and then only negotiate with those situations that he thinks are attractive. That makes perfect sense for a guy who flourished in one scheme but not another.

SANTA CLARA -- Nnamdi Asomugha's visit Thursday to the 49ers has not produced "serious" contract talks, nor are any expected until the veteran cornerback completes his free agent visits, a source indicated Sunday.

No offer yet for Asomugha - San Jose Mercury News

Y'all are making wrong assumptions. It wasn't the 49ers who chose not to make an offer.

This article says that Nnamdi is the one who "isn't interested" in actual negotiations until he has talked to the teams who are interested. He apparently wants to talk about scheme and fit - and then only negotiate with those situations that he thinks are attractive. That makes perfect sense for a guy who flourished in one scheme but not another.

No offer yet for Asomugha - San Jose Mercury News

I agree...

I can see Nnamdi being gun-shy after being hung out to dry in Philly.

Ryan provides a certain level of comfort, from their days together in Oakland and Aso feels comfortable that his skill set will be utilized correctly in Ryan's D.

Think Sharper... He's got a year or two left in him and I think he wants a ring, or at least a legitimate shot at a ring, but he also wants to make sure he can play to his strengths. I think he's got the best opportunity for that scenario here.

Yes, the 49'ers are going to contend again this year, but so are the Saints, and we have something to prove, and a DC that can be trusted to accommodate his players strengths.

The money would likely be 'close enough' from both parties so that his comfort can play a large part in his decision.

All speculation on my part though... But I think he signs relatively soon. Possibly upon Payton & Loomis returning from Arizona.

Again... Speculation only. Just a gut feeling.

Saints want him, 49ers brought hm in to have a look, i read texans and anouther team (name escapes me??) are interviewing him and the raiders fans are desperate to get him back..... nobody wants him right

Browns are the other team :)

Saints want him, 49ers brought hm in to have a look, i read texans and anouther team (name Denver) are interviewing him and the raiders fans are desperate to get him back..... nobody wants him right

FIFY.

I did read Texans and Broncos had interest, but I haven't read anything about meetings yet.

Hey CitySaint, could you post some highlights and lowlights of Nnamdi's time in Philly if possible. I'm curious to see what you may be seeing that others may not.

Someone complained I guess because I can't get anything up there anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom