New Running Backs Coach (1 Viewer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xVz3l81qB90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW, I'd like to have a nickel for every fan that hates their team's OC. It wouldn't be "Championship!", but it would sure be "Retirement!".:ezbill:

Remember the Pete Carmichael needs to go threads? Or even the fire Sean Payton threads.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

So that's the offensive coaches all locked down.

Now we just have to sort out the defensive side. Is Ryan going to bring over any of his guys? Who's gonna be the DB coach?

Have a feeling that Dan Rousher going to coach the o-line!!!!! An Ingalls going to stick with the Rb`s coach:scratch: he has 18yrs as oline coach,5 as rbs coach!!

Considering Payton said that Ingalls was being promoted to O-Line Coach, I have a feeling you are wrong.

Really? That was posted 42 days ago on what is supposed to be the most active MSU board and it only has six responses and only one agrees with him. That's far from "MSU fans seem to hate him." Two guys don't like him. Besides, the criticism seems to be that he sticks with the running game too much, which is what we want him to do anyway.

Really? That was posted 42 days ago on what is supposed to be the most active MSU board and it only has six responses and only one agrees with him. That's far from "MSU fans seem to hate him." Two guys don't like him. Besides, the criticism seems to be that he sticks with the running game too much, which is what we want him to do anyway.

Check his track record based on personnel. His offenses/offensive lines have, at worst, averaged at least 130 rushing yds per game, and this past year at MSU was a qb/wr fiasco. (Maxwell, the QB, at least knew how to throw the ball away, which Kirk Cousins only learned how to do in his senior year.)

2012 Michigan State Spartans Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

I've watched every MSU game Roushar coached in. I think we'll have stronger draw and Power run games; he likes pulling guards and centers. Not fond of his 12 personnel run game (which Treadwell, the OC at the time, ran), but Javon Ringer had some great seasons running out of it.

Haven't studied Ingall's run game at Northwestern; didn't they primarily run draw plays or plays without a fullback?

Check his track record based on personnel. His offenses/offensive lines have, at worst, averaged at least 130/yds per game, and this past year at MSU was a qb/wr fiasco. (Maxwell, the QB, at least knew how to throw the ball away, which Kirk Cousins only learned how to do in his senior year.)

2012 Michigan State Spartans Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

I've watched every MSU game Roushar coached in. I think we'll have stronger draw and Power run games; he likes pulling guards and centers. Not fond of his 12 personnel run game (which Treadwell, the OC at the time, ran), but Javon Ringer had some great seasons running out of it.

Haven't studied Ingall's run game at Northwestern; didn't they primarily run draw plays or plays without a fullback?

Michigan St. has a very strong run game, they like you said run alot of power run plays..hat on a hat..its a aspect the Saints need to do more of with the kind of backs we have in Ingram, PT and Ivory..it was a good hire by Coach Payton...we may have gotten the same kind of coach we lost in Aaron Kromer.

Ingalls to OL Roushar to RB.

SP and Roushar coached together in Illinois.

New Orleans Saints Announce Coaching Staff Changes
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Saints Head Coach Sean Payton and Ingalls worked together on the coaching staff at San Diego State in 1989, where Ingalls served as running backs coach and tutored All-American Marshall Faulk. Ingalls showed his versatility during his years with the Aztecs,

Cool. Curtis Johnson was on that staff as well... man we miss that dude.

I too think he was well regarded...

His comments say a lot

"The last six years at Michigan State have been quite rewarding: six straight bowl appearances, back-to-back 11-wins seasons including a Big Ten Championship and a Legends Division title, and four-straight victories over Michigan. "

and so do his former boss' comments:

"Dan Roushar has been a loyal and dedicated assistant for the last eight years, including the past six seasons at Michigan State. He's a great teacher and a tireless recruiter. Dan certainly played a critical role in helping build a solid foundation here at Michigan State. We're grateful for the effort and energy he's invested in our program. "

"He's excited about being presented with the opportunity to coach the game at its highest level. We're thrilled for Dan and his family, and we wish him nothing but the best in the NFL."

New Orleans Saints hire Dan Roushar as running backs coach, move Bret Ingalls to offensive line coach | NOLA.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom