New Saints center Nick Easton making New Orleans home on 2nd visit: 'Just an awesome fit' (1 Viewer)

• Admin

By Rod Walker | The Advocate

Nick Easton had only been to New Orleans once before his visit last Thursday.

He was in middle school at the time, helping his church group with Hurricane Katrina relief.

"I didn't get really a full feel for the city and the culture and environment at that time," Easton said. "The thing that stuck out to me was the devastation of the city, the healing spirit of the city and just the work that guys were doing in the city."

After returning to the city last Thursday to visit the Saints, Easton — who can play center or guard — decided to make New Orleans his new home.

"Picking New Orleans was pretty easy," said Easton, who spent the past three seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. "My first impression when I got to the facility was, 'Wow, this place is beautiful, this city is beautiful.' And then I go inside and meet the coaches, who are so enthusiastic and fired up and knowledgeable about football. Then you go into the locker room, and it's a beautiful place and friendly players. It's just an awesome fit."

Full Story - The Advocate

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom