New saints special teams and secondary coaches (2 Viewers)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saints name new special teams and secondary coaches

"The Saints promoted two assistant coaches Monday, elevating assistant special teams coach Greg McMahon to special teams coordinator and naming assistant defensive line coach Dennis Allen as secondary coach, the team announced."

Rest of the article:

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/?/base/sports-4/1201587786241850.xml&coll=1

I don't have much of an opinion of these two coaches. I wanted new blood to come with different ideas, but time will tell if it was a good idea to promote within the organization.

Last edited:
The special teams was was bad this year, so lets promote the assitent special teams coach to special teams coach.

Brilliant!!

we need a return man...

will Skyler deliver?

not that we need another WR (wouldn't hurt) but keep your eye on Louisiana's own:
Derrius Renaud.

He is a very talented return man and would be playing a reserve role in the WR corps by November 08 at the latest.

"The Saints promoted two assistant coaches Monday, elevating assistant special teams coach Greg McMahon to special teams coordinator and naming assistant defensive line coach Dennis Allen as secondary coach, the team announced."

Rest of the article:

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/?/base/sports-4/1201587786241850.xml&coll=1

I don't have much of an opinion of these two coaches. I wanted new blood to come with different ideas, but time will tell if it was a good idea to promote within the organization.

Yep...I'm a little puzzled by this. I realled wanted new blood, but oh well. Wasn't there a rumor about a new RB coach as well?

you never know, sure they were working under the same coaches that made the secondary and special teams lousy, but you never know, these guys could have a fresh new approach, I don't think they will come in doing the same things there predecessors did....or they could....just wait and see I guess.

Yeah, new blood would of been nice, but sometimes the Asst Coaches get a chance and excel...

I actually thought Tony Oden (Asst DB coach), would be promoted to full-time coach there and Allen staying as the Asst D-line coach.

I think it would be a good idea to ask Mike Detillier why he thinks the previous coaches did not succeed and what he thinks about the promoted coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom