New Scout.com Mock: Rivers is a Top-10 Worthy Pick and Will be a Saint (1 Viewer)

hey, you ain't gotta convince me, he would not be a bad choice and I would love watching this guy fly around he field making plays for us, he woudnt be a bad pick, just like DRC or McKelvin or trying to move up to get Dorsey or Ellis.

That's kind of a bad mock. I would have Albert higher than that and they don't even have Mayo or Balmer going in the first round. Perplexing.

I am starting to warm up to this guy. I wanted Ellis, but it doesn't look like he will be available. Just think of it this way, with better linebackers maybe our defensive line can focus on the pass rush instead of trying to contain the run.

That's kind of a bad mock. I would have Albert higher than that and they don't even have Mayo or Balmer going in the first round. Perplexing.

They don't have Balmer going in the first because he is not first round material. He is going to be this years "Johnathan Sullivan."

Mayo isn't in the first round because Connor is a better linebacker.

Most of the anaylists I listen to have Albert going in the top 15 becuase he is so versatile. A good few have him going to NE becuase they have a history of picking O/DL in the first round. Mayo in the majority of opinions is a late first round, early second prospect, same with Balmer. All agree Mayo is a round 1 talent that could slide to two becuase of other needs; concerning Balmer, everyone is polarized, believing he is either good as advertised or that he only had one good year and didn't even play with a good motor every play and with passion.

They don't have Balmer going in the first because he is not first round material. He is going to be this years "Johnathan Sullivan."

Link?

Mayo isn't in the first round because Connor is a better linebacker.

Well I think Mayo is a late 1st round prospect and Conner is a high 2nd rounder--possibly a late 1st rounder.

Most of the anaylists I listen to have Albert going in the top 15 becuase he is so versatile. A good few have him going to NE becuase they have a history of picking O/DL in the first round. .

Right. His stock has been soaring lately and I would probably be more surprised to see him fall to #18 than I would to see him go in the top 5.

I'm completely ok with Rivers being our pick. We'd have the potential to have a top 5 LB corps if everyone pans out. Also I like the fact that Vilma could mentor Rivers.

concerning Balmer, everyone is polarized, believing he is either good as advertised or that he only had one good year and didn't even play with a good motor every play and with passion.

The thing about Balmer is, I think every "late riser" DT leading up to the draft will be labeled a Sullivan. I don't think that is fair. Its the same reason why some Saints fans get nervous about drafting a CB in the first, because of Alex Molden. We've made some horrible decisions, but what team hasn't?

We've made some horrible decisions, but what team hasn't?

Seems like it's been forever since I've heard of a horrible personnel decision from the Colts or Patriots. At least 10 years, maybe the Pats drafting Andy Katzemoyer (sp.).

The thing about Balmer is, I think every "late riser" DT leading up to the draft will be labeled a Sullivan. I don't think that is fair. Its the same reason why some Saints fans get nervous about drafting a CB in the first, because of Alex Molden. We've made some horrible decisions, but what team hasn't?

I dont think its just that he is a late riser but also because he is said to have motivational problems and failed to show anything leading up until last year. My biggest issue is the one year production from him when he was at UNC. Its not as if he was at a powerhouse college where theres so much talent you cant crack the roster as an underclassmen. Senior year in college is the equivalent of a contract year in the NFL and when someone produces for just that year it has to raise questions about his ability to self motivate

Seems like it's been forever since I've heard of a horrible personnel decision from the Colts or Patriots. At least 10 years, maybe the Pats drafting Andy Katzemoyer (sp.).

True, but I'm trying to be optimistic here LOL. Maybe this year we will have another draft like we had in 06'. I know some teams have better personnel departments than our team, but maybe... just maybe, we can turn this thing around. I have been a fan since the day I was born in New Orleans and I have never been so optimistic as I am with Peyton (and Co.).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom