New stuff in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a thread about the new stuff happening around the city (big and small)

When I get to a computer, I'll attach some links
please feel free to attach your own

I'm most excited about 2-3 new things in City Park. There's a new putt putt course coming n and a splash park.
there is also a new children's museum and environmental center in the planning stages

New info on the Lafitte Corridor is hard to come by but I'm looking forward to that
Plus the mid-city market

Costco of course

Rumors that Whole Foods is moving into the old schwegmanns on broad n bienville

Freret St: check out wayfarer deli (esp if you like $$ sandwich's)
Coming:
Rook Cafe - coffee and chess
New Philly cheesesteak place in the old datdog bldg

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
(I hate the kindle)
Also coming to freret - new alt music venue in the old Barsodis space

Milk Bar in the Riverbend - dang good sandwichs

What else?

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Charcoal's Burger Bar. A multimillion dollar project, years in the making, about to open at Jackson and Magazine. It'd better be good.

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What's up with the Bass Pro Shop on the river?

FuzzyDunlop

waste of paint
Reaction score
There is a new Asian massage parlor in the quarter.

When I get back to my computer I will post some links.

City Champ

HOF 2010
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What's up with the Bass Pro Shop on the river?
Dead issue. That space will be developed by high end retail, a 5 star NOLA restaurant, an outdoor amphitheater, and eventually will be included on the street car line.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dead issue. That space will be developed by high end retail, a 5 star NOLA restaurant, an outdoor amphitheater, and eventually will be included on the street car line.
where is that space specifically? I can only guess at the Esplanade end of the river since the other end is pretty saturated but I thought they were going to make the end by the warehouses a jogging path, park and other green space ideas.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
New Donald Link seafood restaurant going into the space being redone at Magazine and Julia.

They're developing some sort of big Cuban restaurant (which may be soft-open) at Esplanade and Rampart.

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
where is that space specifically? I can only guess at the Esplanade end of the river since the other end is pretty saturated but I thought they were going to make the end by the warehouses a jogging path, park and other green space ideas.
The huge 2 smoke stack body just past the convention center

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
New Donald Link seafood restaurant going into the space being redone at Magazine and Julia.

They're developing some sort of big Cuban restaurant (which may be soft-open) at Esplanade and Rampart.
I try to respect neighborhood concerns but I think they're blowing the Cuban space WAY out of proportion

Buzd I was also hoping you had some inside info on Lafitte corridor

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Amphitheater would be nice if it's large enough to host major acts... I always thought they should've never torn down the amphitheater after the worlds fair....Perfect venue with the river in the background.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I try to respect neighborhood concerns but I think they're blowing the Cuban space WAY out of proportion
Who is? The neighborhood? From what I've heard of it, it sounds like a good project to me - as long as they minimize the late night rowdiness. That corner can use some development.

Buzd I was also hoping you had some inside info on Lafitte corridor
I've barely heard anything. In fact, I'm on their email list, and I don't think I've gotten anything for a while. I think it will really pick up once the midcity market and renovations at St Elizabeth's/Mercy are complete.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The huge 2 smoke stack body just past the convention center
ah, I had it in my head that this was French Quarter Development. That is a great area - they will pull people from the Warehouse and certainly from uptown regularly and if the Streetcar line is going that far, they should build a huge parking lot, I would probably utilize it from time to time for Quarter access.

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Amphitheater would be nice if it's large enough to host major acts... I always thought they should've never torn down the amphitheater after the worlds fair....Perfect venue with the river in the background.
Before the storm I was teaching at tulane and saw the beginning stages of the riversphere proposal - if they get anywhere close to the proposal its going to be awesome

cpg

Very Banned
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Charcoal's Burger Bar. A multimillion dollar project, years in the making, about to open at Jackson and Magazine. It'd better be good.
That building has been under construction for seemingly years. Any idea of when it will actually open?

I drove by the Morning Call that they opened in City Park the other day and it looks cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers stack up for Week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Social media reaction to New Orleans Pelicans hiring Stan Van Gundy Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Joel Meyers & Antonio Daniels on the hiring of Stan Van Gundy on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - October 22, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
El Caliente New Orleans Pelicans hire Stan Van Gundy Everything Else Board 74
2020 Draft Preview - No. 1: Jon Krawczynski on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - October 21, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five questions before the New Orleans Saints reunite with Teddy Bridgewater, Carolina Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Trey Hendrickson Progress a Boost for New Orleans Saints Defense SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans Saints GM Mickey Loomis joins WWL Radio to discuss the bye week and preparations for division rival Carolina Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Saints TV ratings fall in New Orleans, but 'nobody has to worry' about NFL; here's why Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans approves fans at Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints, New Orleans Mayor meet to discuss return of fans to Superdome for games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Defensive end Marcus Davenport makes presence felt in season debut for New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints: Key Matchups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans mayor has no qualms about Saints playing at LSU SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans mayor has no qualms about Saints playing at LSU Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 5 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 15: New Orleans to Host Super Bowl 59 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders, Las Vegas offer to host Super Bowl LVIII after New Orleans move to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus BREAKING: New Orleans Chosen as the Host City for Super Bowl LIX SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans to host Super Bowl in 2025, not '24 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL owners approve moving back next New Orleans hosted Super Bowl to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Super Bowl moved from 2024 to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans to host Super Bowl in 2025 to avoid conflict with Mardi Gras in 2024 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Joel Meyers on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - October 14, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
3 Biggest takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs the Los Angeles Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Owners to vote today on moving New Orleans Super Bowl from 2024 to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: NFL owners to vote on moving next New Orleans Super Bowl back one year to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans mayor claims (incorrectly) that no NFL fixed-roof facility allows fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints consider playing at LSU as New Orleans continues to prohibit fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees "feel crazy" after New Orleans Saints punish Los Angeles Chargers 30-27 Week 5 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Emmanuel Sanders reacts to New Orleans Saints defeating Los Angeles Chargers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers score: Drew Brees rallies New Orleans to overtime win over Justin Herbert and Los Angeles SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Saints 2020 quarter-season awards Saints RSS News Feeds 0