New stuff in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a thread about the new stuff happening around the city (big and small)

When I get to a computer, I'll attach some links
please feel free to attach your own

I'm most excited about 2-3 new things in City Park. There's a new putt putt course coming n and a splash park.
there is also a new children's museum and environmental center in the planning stages

New info on the Lafitte Corridor is hard to come by but I'm looking forward to that
Plus the mid-city market

Costco of course

Rumors that Whole Foods is moving into the old schwegmanns on broad n bienville

Freret St: check out wayfarer deli (esp if you like $$ sandwich's)
Coming:
Rook Cafe - coffee and chess
New Philly cheesesteak place in the old datdog bldg

(I hate the kindle)
Also coming to freret - new alt music venue in the old Barsodis space

Milk Bar in the Riverbend - dang good sandwichs

What else?

Charcoal's Burger Bar. A multimillion dollar project, years in the making, about to open at Jackson and Magazine. It'd better be good.

What's up with the Bass Pro Shop on the river?

There is a new Asian massage parlor in the quarter.

When I get back to my computer I will post some links.

What's up with the Bass Pro Shop on the river?

Dead issue. That space will be developed by high end retail, a 5 star NOLA restaurant, an outdoor amphitheater, and eventually will be included on the street car line.

Dead issue. That space will be developed by high end retail, a 5 star NOLA restaurant, an outdoor amphitheater, and eventually will be included on the street car line.

where is that space specifically? I can only guess at the Esplanade end of the river since the other end is pretty saturated but I thought they were going to make the end by the warehouses a jogging path, park and other green space ideas.

New Donald Link seafood restaurant going into the space being redone at Magazine and Julia.

They're developing some sort of big Cuban restaurant (which may be soft-open) at Esplanade and Rampart.

where is that space specifically? I can only guess at the Esplanade end of the river since the other end is pretty saturated but I thought they were going to make the end by the warehouses a jogging path, park and other green space ideas.

The huge 2 smoke stack body just past the convention center

New Donald Link seafood restaurant going into the space being redone at Magazine and Julia.

They're developing some sort of big Cuban restaurant (which may be soft-open) at Esplanade and Rampart.

I try to respect neighborhood concerns but I think they're blowing the Cuban space WAY out of proportion

Buzd I was also hoping you had some inside info on Lafitte corridor

Amphitheater would be nice if it's large enough to host major acts... I always thought they should've never torn down the amphitheater after the worlds fair....Perfect venue with the river in the background.

I try to respect neighborhood concerns but I think they're blowing the Cuban space WAY out of proportion

Who is? The neighborhood? From what I've heard of it, it sounds like a good project to me - as long as they minimize the late night rowdiness. That corner can use some development.

Buzd I was also hoping you had some inside info on Lafitte corridor

I've barely heard anything. In fact, I'm on their email list, and I don't think I've gotten anything for a while. I think it will really pick up once the midcity market and renovations at St Elizabeth's/Mercy are complete.

The huge 2 smoke stack body just past the convention center

ah, I had it in my head that this was French Quarter Development. That is a great area - they will pull people from the Warehouse and certainly from uptown regularly and if the Streetcar line is going that far, they should build a huge parking lot, I would probably utilize it from time to time for Quarter access.

Amphitheater would be nice if it's large enough to host major acts... I always thought they should've never torn down the amphitheater after the worlds fair....Perfect venue with the river in the background.

Before the storm I was teaching at tulane and saw the beginning stages of the riversphere proposal - if they get anywhere close to the proposal its going to be awesome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom