New stuff in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Charcoal's Burger Bar. A multimillion dollar project, years in the making, about to open at Jackson and Magazine. It'd better be good.
That building has been under construction for seemingly years. Any idea of when it will actually open?

I drove by the Morning Call that they opened in City Park the other day and it looks cool.

That building has been under construction for seemingly years. Any idea of when it will actually open?

I drove by the Morning Call that they opened in City Park the other day and it looks cool.

The morning call in there is a great idea, with a very colorful staff
On a side note I REALLY hope that whatever ******* injured the blackswan and broke her eggs was not drawn into the park bc the morning call is open 24 hrs

Dead issue. That space will be developed by high end retail, a 5 star NOLA restaurant, an outdoor amphitheater, and eventually will be included on the street car line.

That doesn't quite mesh with the last news released about the property:
Market Street power plant site still may reel in Bass Pro Shop | NOLA.com

This is the same wishful thinking you've been pushing for awhile with no information to support. We've been at odds about this space for a couple years. Yes, all the things you suggest would be nice, but it would take a major redevelopment. That space doesn't look any closer to being developed by unnamed high end retail, a nonspecific 5 star NOLA restaurant, or anything else. At least with BPS there was a company with the finances to start this project and see it through.

I've heard about the streetcar line, but that was attached to the idea that it would be re-developed. That looks to be years away at the moment with the next street car installation probably occuring along Elysian Fields

That doesn't quite mesh with the last news released about the property:
Market Street power plant site still may reel in Bass Pro Shop | NOLA.com

Wasn't this property entangled in the Fradella/Nagin case or am I thinking of something else? They had an news story on this a few months ago and if I remember correctly there's still some legal wrangling going on.

The World War II museum just opened up its US Freedom Pavilion. I haven't had a chance to visit yet but am looking forward to seeing it.

I'm also looking forward to the Link seafood restaurant. It's just down the street from me.

Has anybody been to Porter & Lukes (the former Zeke's on Metairie Rd.)? I had a few friends go to the soft opening and said they enjoyed it.

I've heard about the streetcar line, but that was attached to the idea that it would be re-developed. That looks to be years away at the moment with the next street car installation probably occuring along Elysian Fields

I can get behind a gentilly spoke
I'm sure id use the warehouse streetcar more but lord knows there's tons of stuff happening down there
gentilly/the east needs some attention

The author of that list is the douchiest thing about the list. Puts Howling Wolf on there and leaves off Republic? Yeah, ok.

And Barcadia has been open a whole 2 weeks, solely during Mardi Gras season, in the CBD... news flash - ******bags come downtown for mardi gras.
There were a couple notable omissions from the list including Republic, Bourbon Cowboy, Cat's, Metro etc. Although, I did think his description of Gold Mine was pretty funny.

Except for the three for one on Sundays, I've always hated Cat's Meow...

I can get behind a gentilly spoke
I'm sure id use the warehouse streetcar more but lord knows there's tons of stuff happening down there
gentilly/the east needs some attention

Yeaaaaaaah, about that. The Loyola line will continue down Rampart to Elysian Fields. It looks like the idea (which makes sense) to connect the Elysian Fields line to the riverfront line has been scrapped by area residents.

Streetcar plans for North Rampart Street and St. Claude Avenue scaled back | NOLA.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom