New Team Record: 601 yds of Offense (1 Viewer)

misterbeefy33

You stepped in WHAT?
Reaction score
In a loosing effort, we broke the team record for offensive yards today by amassing 601 yards of total offense. This shatters the previous record of 557 - at Atlanta, 9/12/93.

FYI

We have over 1100 yards of offense in our last two losses.

We have over 1100 yards of offense in our last two losses.

If we don't turn the ball over we win both games. The defense has been called out a lot, and they haven't been better than average, but the offense has to carry the team and thet haven't been protecting the ball. If the turnovers are stopped, the Saints will win.

Unfortunately we also turned the ball over 7 times in that two game span.

I think we are also losing despite the big numbers because we have been playing from behind, are unbalanced on offense, and teams are suceeding making us one-dimensional. I think that if we get to a more balanced attack, our turnovers will drop accordingly.

Alll the yards in the world does nothing if you can't score.

6-4, thats the only two numbers i care about......that first number needs to be higher....

601 yards and 16 points....now thats ironic.

Having a ton of yards usually means you are playing from behind, and defense are going to prevent D. They'll give you the yards, but they try to limit the points. Garbage yards. I remember one year when, dare I say a former Saint, broke the Saints all-time passing record against Denver. A losing effort in that one too.

Having a ton of yards usually means you are playing from behind, and defense are going to prevent D. They'll give you the yards, but they try to limit the points. Garbage yards. I remember one year when, dare I say a former Saint, broke the Saints all-time passing record against Denver. A losing effort in that one too.

How is having 250 yards passing in the first half 'garage yards'? Or 10-17 'playing from behind?'
Drew had probably 400 yards before the bengals were up 21pts.
...and about the 444 against Denver, we were down bigtime the whole game.

Last edited:
They could of put up 800 yards, but its all meaningless in a loss. These TO's have to stop somehow. Not sure if its lack of focus or just plain bad luck? There has just been so many. Its just a darn shame that this team is bent on fumbling this season away. Come on guys, get back to playing some TO free ball, PLEASE!

If the Saints can stop "killing themselves" everything will fall into place; four or
more wins and into the playoffs...Turnovers are killing them...and that's why
we lost today, last week, and against the Ravens......Hell the Colts lost today
because of turnovers....

The Saints are a couple of DB's and a "TE who can get open and catch the ball"
short of being a "great team"(IMHO)...but for now with what they have you have
to be some what "happy" at what has been accomplished so for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom