New thoughts on Trufant.... (1 Viewer)

oodank

BIG DOG!
Reaction score
Take it for what you want, but I actually watched the Pro Bowl this past wkend and one thing was eye popping to me and I don't know if any of you guys noticed: The AFC QBs went after Trufant hard and he could not stay with those guys. He just did not look good against the AFC WRs. I have a feeling he benefited from a generous pass rush in Seattle and now I'm not so sure about him. They did not throw towards Al Harris. It didn't dawn on me until big Ben got in. Peyton worked him, and then Ben was doing the same thing. GO back and watch it if possible... Now some will chalk it up to it being a "pro bowl game" but it stuck out.

I'm just saying....

Ok now take those same Pro-Bowl receivers and imagine Jason David covering them.

the pro bowl isn't even a real game. They cant blitz or etc... i mean a corner cant hold for that long. he probaly wasnt even being serious. Didnt wanna hurt himself u know

He is a great player, but we don't need a 100 million dollar CB. We need a pass rush.

I know its the off-season, but analyzing the Pro Bowl? Come on... If I was him I wouldn't have been out there considering the injury risk and his upcoming big payday.

The pro bowl is normally high scoring for a reason. No blitz, the familiarity with the people around you (which hurts the D more), no film watching or much gameplanning (I would think hurts D more)....and its Peyton Manning and Pro Bowl WRs.

They can't play off coverage so the game is useless.

I would give Trufant 60 million but not 100 million.

He is a great player, but we don't need a 100 million dollar CB. We need a pass rush.

:worthy: The Giants proved this in the Super Bowl.

As for Trufant, I can't base anything off of the Pro Bowl.

No press coverage. Cornerbacks must stay atleast 5 yards off the line of scrimage while the ball it spotted outside the 5 yard line. I dare you to find a CB who can play soft coverage on pro-bowl receivers with Peyton Manning gunning the ball. Though I was mighty impressed by that hit on Fitzgerald by Samuel. That was a monster blow and he seemed to pop right up and do his dance.

Pass rush helps out a lot thats why I think we ned a Julian Oeterson type LB that can BLITZ. Trufant is a lot like clements in that he is a good player that is going to get overpaid but the bottom line is that he is not the best CB in the league by far.

PS the PRO Bowl does not even allow CB's to jam so I doubt hat anyone even plays that hard on D. With the exception of Sean Taylor(RIP) who seemed to light someone up in every game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom