NFL New Vaccine rules for NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. They have a choice, get the shot and be allowed to live a normal life going to restaurants, attending sporting event, etc, or they can not get it and have to live with the fact that they can only use a restaurant through a drive-thru or delivery service, not be allowed to attend a sporting event, concert , or anything else the means close contact with others.
That's what most people refer to as the illusion of choice.

Then don't take the vaccine. That's an informed choice with information from a medical professional.

But that's not the case with the vast majority of the currently unvaccinated. My read on this is that many think that Covid vaccine is optional like the flu vaccine. That they won't get seriously harmed by not taking the vaccine. Or that getting Covid isn't a big deal.

But it defies the math. The overall case fatality rate in the US is 1.7%. Estimates for flu has a fatality rate of 0.1%. The fatality rate for vaccinated individuals so far, where a vaccinated individual dies for any reason, not just Covid or any reaction to the vaccine, is 0.0017%

It's important to get people to see that every new infection is a lottery ticket for the virus as it gives another opportunity to mutate into another uncontrolled mess. The more people vaccinated results in less lottery tickets, which reduces the likelihood that ticket will get cashed in. And it's even more important for everyone who can get vaccinated to get vaccinated because it protects those folks who forever reason cannot be vaccinated.

All of this reminds me of the old joke with an updated revision: A man decides to function in the pandemic as normal. "God will protect me.". He is urged to wear a mask. He refuses stating "God will protect me.". He is offered the vaccine. He refuses stating "God will protect me.". He gets sick in the hospital but refuses treatment stating "God will protect me.". Finally he succumbs to the disease. At the Pearly Gate he asks "Why did God not protect me?". The response: "We sent you masks, doctors, vaccines, and medicines. What else would you have us do?"

It's math, not magic. It's a shame that Covid death rate in the US is about 350 per day. But 6 months ago it was 3500 per day. This isn't rocket science.

SFIAH
This is it, unfortunately it will expose and kill some who can’t get vaccinated. But, honestly as I said, I want to see the season played, practices fully done, and people in the stands. As a fan this is what I want and I’m glad it’s happening.

Now if people choose not to get vaccinated and want to die, hey own your choices.

[Mod Edit: removed political discussion]

As for people that still refuse to get the vaccine, this will inevitably lead to a variant that renders the vaccine ineffective, and then we're back to square one. The Delta variant is already much stronger, and while the vaccine is still effective against it (although slightly less effective), those who are unvaccinated, including those who medically cannot get vaccinated due to their health conditions and not "religious" reasons, will probably have a higher chance of suffering the severe symptoms of covid.

As for people that still refuse to get the vaccine, this will inevitably lead to a variant that renders the vaccine ineffective, and then we're back to square one. The Delta variant is already much stronger, and while the vaccine is still effective against it (although slightly less effective), those who are unvaccinated, including those who medically cannot get vaccinated due to their health conditions and not "religious" reasons, will probably have a higher chance of suffering the severe symptoms of covid.

People don't seem to get this. The vaccinated are still at risk from the unvaccinated specifically because of this.

The only silver lining is researchers are fairly certain the mRNA vaccines could be very rapidly adapted to a new, resistant variant. But that only matters if people choose to get that theoretical vaccine and we need to just not test that hypothesis right now.

Get the damn vaccine. Everyone's been crying about everything we've been asked to do like wearing masks and locking down. You want all of that to be behind us? You want it all to be over? Then get the damn vaccine. The more people who don't get the vaccine the more likely it is we'll have to do it all over again so unless your only goal is to have even more to birch about then get the damn vaccine.

I had full plans to get it.
Then, over the course of 1 month, I saw three co workers suffer tremendously following the shots.
One was having massive abdominal pains breathing, and I was the one who drove her to the emergency room.
She literally asked me, in all seriousness, on the way there ….”Am I going to die”?
Now I’m like everyone else here, not a doctor, not a scientist, not a disease expert…but as a human, my response was “We’ll be there in just a minute, and the doctors will take care of you.”

So, in my particular case, I had Covid in April, it was no big deal, I recovered in a few days.

Trusting that my own body has sufficient immunity to it (as it showed in April), combined with seeing with my own eyes three healthy close co workers get violently sick, two of which required hospital stays immediately following the shots….I’ve made the informed decision by myself to not take it.

As far as passing it to others……I work in a school of 1,000 kids, I was there every single day from August-May, was kn and around the children, teachers, etc every single day, and we had no cases for the entire 20-21 school year.

So using that data from my own life, not what I’m seeing in the media, I’m not concerned of passing it on, and I’m surely not concerned of getting Covid. Had it. Recovered quickly. It wasn’t a big deal at all.

Others will make their own decisions , but me not getting it is fully based on the personal observations from my life, which I’ve not taken lightly.

People don't seem to get this. The vaccinated are still at risk from the unvaccinated specifically because of this.

The only silver lining is researchers are fairly certain the mRNA vaccines could be very rapidly adapted to a new, resistant variant. But that only matters if people choose to get that theoretical vaccine and we need to just not test that hypothesis right now.

Get the damn vaccine. Everyone's been crying about everything we've been asked to do like wearing masks and locking down. You want all of that to be behind us? You want it all to be over? Then get the damn vaccine. The more people who don't get the vaccine the more likely it is we'll have to do it all over again so unless your only goal is to have even more to birch about then get the damn vaccine.
You don't seem to get it. The vaccine is not right for everyone. Some people have legitimate medical reasons not to get it. So your little rant that everyone should just get it and stop whining is invalid. Your little rant does no good other than fuel the fire for those who do not have legitimate reasons to not get vaccinated.

You don't seem to get it. The vaccine is not right for everyone. Some people have legitimate medical reasons not to get it. So your little rant that everyone should just get it and stop whining is invalid. Your little rant does no good other than fuel the fire for those who do not have legitimate reasons to not get vaccinated.
A virus does not care what we think or believe. Our words mean nothing.

People who have legitimate medical reasons for not getting the vaccine are best protected by those of us who can get the vaccine.

The higher the percentage of population vaccinated, the fewer possible hosts. A virus that cannot replicate is no longer a threat to anyone.

Blanket condemnation of vaccines is probably this virus' only hope of keeping a steady supply of hosts. Just think about this.

Don't just talk to your doctor, but listen, to make the best decision about your own situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom