NFL New Vaccine rules for NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it actually makes a good bit of sense. Vaccinations are readily available and as an owner, I wouldn’t be happy if my QB misses 2 weeks because he decided not to take the shot!
You'd be pretty upset if his body didn't agree with the vaccine and he ended up missing every game that was ever played, from here on out.

This is forcing people to put themselves at fatal risk, albeit a small percentage one. Either way, there's risk involved. But, at least people HAD a choice, until now.

You'd be pretty upset if his body didn't agree with the vaccine and he ended up missing every game that was ever played, from here on out.

This is forcing people to put themselves at fatal risk, albeit a small percentage one. Either way, there's risk involved. But, at least people HAD a choice, until now.
No it's not. They have a choice, get the shot and be allowed to live a normal life going to restaurants, attending sporting event, etc, or they can not get it and have to live with the fact that they can only use a restaurant through a drive-thru or delivery service, not be allowed to attend a sporting event, concert , or anything else the means close contact with others.

But people still get the flu with the shots. Yeah, i am sure you will say that the symptoms are lessened but in the end, each individual should make that choice. Just saw that LA governor would offer $1M lottery for shot takers. Shot for leaked virus is so good but we have to entice you with $1M. Makes sense.
Yes - the flu vaccine is much less effective on a person-to-person basis, maybe about 50% . Whereas the COVID-19 vaccine has been shown to have a very high effectiveness - over 90%. So even if compliance for flu vaccine was very high like 95% - you would still get alot of flu cases. Just much less than you have now. Whereas if compliance gets that high for COVID-19 we should with any luck, not have to worry for a while, at least not until a new variant emerges.

There have now been 2.5 Billion shots given around the world. Yes, not fully vaccinated, but still 2.5B shots given. How many cases of those(let’s say serious athletes like NFL type players) have had serious reactions to the virus? There were still 11 deaths in Louisiana in the last 24 hours and a good friend of mine just lost one of his closest friend to covid this week. A “regular “ 45 year old man that passed away due to not taking the vaccine and we are worried about ”side effects” that most likely doesn’t exist. If there is a case is NBA, NFL etc that you know about, great let’s discuss it. Otherwise, science is pretty awesome!

Last edited:
I'm not vaccinated but I've been able to do everything you just said maskless since March. Thank you, Gov. Ducey! ;)
True, but if the private company you work for “expect” you to take the vaccine, well that’s their choice. If you don’t want to work for them, then there are plenty of other companies out there. That’s why we love capitalism!

Proud of the Saints for being among the highest percentage of vaccinated teams in the NFL.

If you are not vaccinated and are ready to do it, here's a site to help you find where you can get it done.

Why do folks care so much about restrictions on players who vaccinate being removed? Shouldn't we all want our players to be in their best health?

This feels like such a massive waste of energy for people to volunteer to be offended by.

Don't people want to get back to normal?

And the unvaccinated from the vaccinated. Vaccinated can still catch and pass it on. People are testing positive on fully vaccinated cruise ships.
Two people I heard. That is it, unless you have other additional factual information to the contrary. There will always be anomalies. The two that I read about, are the only ones I know of that were vaccinated, infected and tested negative prior to getting on the cruise.

If you get vaccinated and still catch it you do not get the serious version and die.

His statement was written poorly, but it's not a tough idea to follow.
On point and this is exactly what all of the medical professionals have been preaching. Last I heard, 95% of doctors are vaccinated. That being said. I will trust doctors, over anyone else, when it comes to medicine! Would you trust a doctor, over an auto mechanic to diagnose or fix your automobile? Just one example. But I think most would get the point.

On point and this is exactly what all of the medical professionals have been preaching. Last I heard, 95% of doctors are vaccinated. That being said. I will trust doctors, over anyone else, when it comes to medicine! Would you trust a doctor, over an auto mechanic to diagnose or fix your automobile? Just one example. But I think most would get the point.
And what if your doctor's advise you not to get vaccinated untill it has been further tested do to the way you have interacted with medications in the past

And what if your doctor's advise you not to get vaccinated untill it has been further tested do to the way you have interacted with medications in the past
Then don't take the vaccine. That's an informed choice with information from a medical professional.

But that's not the case with the vast majority of the currently unvaccinated. My read on this is that many think that Covid vaccine is optional like the flu vaccine. That they won't get seriously harmed by not taking the vaccine. Or that getting Covid isn't a big deal.

But it defies the math. The overall case fatality rate in the US is 1.7%. Estimates for flu has a fatality rate of 0.1%. The fatality rate for vaccinated individuals so far, where a vaccinated individual dies for any reason, not just Covid or any reaction to the vaccine, is 0.0017%

It's important to get people to see that every new infection is a lottery ticket for the virus as it gives another opportunity to mutate into another uncontrolled mess. The more people vaccinated results in less lottery tickets, which reduces the likelihood that ticket will get cashed in. And it's even more important for everyone who can get vaccinated to get vaccinated because it protects those folks who forever reason cannot be vaccinated.

All of this reminds me of the old joke with an updated revision: A man decides to function in the pandemic as normal. "God will protect me.". He is urged to wear a mask. He refuses stating "God will protect me.". He is offered the vaccine. He refuses stating "God will protect me.". He gets sick in the hospital but refuses treatment stating "God will protect me.". Finally he succumbs to the disease. At the Pearly Gate he asks "Why did God not protect me?". The response: "We sent you masks, doctors, vaccines, and medicines. What else would you have us do?"

It's math, not magic. It's a shame that Covid death rate in the US is about 350 per day. But 6 months ago it was 3500 per day. This isn't rocket science.

SFIAH

I'm glad our Saints are getting vaccinated. Because we all know some twits that are sick will still attend a game and infect their section. It's all about "me" and nobody else matters.
That's why covid spread so fast...because the human race is a bunch of ignorant turds.
If you feel sick , stay out of the dome.
But we know, some won't care.
I'm vaccinated but my trust in society to make the right decisions for large gatherings is very low.

Two people I heard. That is it, unless you have other additional factual information to the contrary. There will always be anomalies. The two that I read about, are the only ones I know of that were vaccinated, infected and tested negative prior to getting on the cruise.

Two people on one ship. 8 crew on a Royal Caribbean ship that now won’t sail until august. Very few ships are sailing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom