NFL New Vaccine rules for NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, sad day in the USA. Businesses shouldn't have all these rights. It's not like they are people.

Oh wait, wrong response.

Yes, sad day in the USA when people are too ignorant to see the difference between propaganda and a pandemic ending vaccine.
how is it a "Pandemic ending vaccine" when like someone else mentioned it doesn't even contain the dead virus for your body to build an immunity too? The Flu vaccine has been around for decades and it's still around killing thousands every year. This vaccine is still fairly new and hasn't been tested long enough to know how well it works and if it does work so well then when segregate the vaccinated from the unvaccinated? Sounds pretty contradictory to me.

I read it the same way the first time too.

After a second glance Iā€™m assuming they mean ā€œvaccinatedā€ players will be allowed to do in-person media availability and do appearances for team sponsor events/charities, ect. while ā€œunvaccinatedā€ players will have to remain on Zoom calls with the media and not be allowed to do public appearances.

The way they worded it was wonky.
If thatā€™s what they meant, itā€™s definitely worded poorly.

So you aren't getting the vaccine just because the US doesn't have socialized medicine? To each his own I guess. I simply put my trust in God since he gave us a cure and I didn't want to live my life in fear over a shot. I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the players get the vaccine. I'm sure there will be one or two that opt out but I'd bet less opt out of the vaccine than opted out last season due to covid risks.
God gave us what cure? You mean this vaccine that is so wonderful and good that you can still catch the virus? If it was a cure or a truly effective vaccine then vaccinated people wouldn't have to maintain distances from the unvaccinated at all

Legit question. Why is this vaccine so different from others. For instance if I get the polio vaccine I don't get polio. But someone who gets the covid vaccine cane still get covid. This is an honest question.
Polio was basically eradicated by decades of the vaccine, so there is very little exposure risk now. Covid is more widespread now so the risk is like the flu. People get the flu shot and may still get the flu. In the case of covid and flu vaccines, the primary goal is to prevent serious illness or death.

No matter where you stand on vaccines (and I don't care where you stand).... This is going to be interesting. The NFL is basically telling players... Get stuck, or be ######

Just what we need... More divisionary publicity based on "feelings" and "Image"- Instead of logic and medical reality. Shirtshow waiting to happen...

I am getting my popcorn ready.

Last edited:
God gave us what cure? You mean this vaccine that is so wonderful and good that you can still catch the virus? If it was a cure or a truly effective vaccine then vaccinated people wouldn't have to maintain distances from the unvaccinated at all

It's because the virus is evolving - and it may evolve to the point that the vaccination is far less effective. Unvaccinated people are far more likely to become infected by any variant and spread that infection. So as a prophylactic matter when you're talking about people circulating in regular groups, it makes sense to take different precautions with unvaccinated people than with vaccinated people.

It's not absolute, it's a fluid situation both with our knowledge and of the virus itself changing. So you're not wrong from a certain perspective that if the vaccine really works, vaccinated people shouldn't need to worry about unvaccinated people. But at the public health or group-health management standpoint, deciding to use those measures is still sensible. It's their call and it's not unreasonable.

I wasn't saying that everyone did. But the vaccine prevents that from happening.
I think what you meant was fairly apparent. Sort of like you saying, hey maybe use the cross walk when crossing the street, it's safer. And him replying with, hey I crossed the street with my eyes closed and I didn't get hit! Not sure what either has to do with the other.

how is it a "Pandemic ending vaccine" when like someone else mentioned it doesn't even contain the dead virus for your body to build an immunity too? The Flu vaccine has been around for decades and it's still around killing thousands every year. This vaccine is still fairly new and hasn't been tested long enough to know how well it works and if it does work so well then when segregate the vaccinated from the unvaccinated? Sounds pretty contradictory to me.
If you do not believe in middle school level math or statistics then I can not sufficiently answer your questions. If you do believe in 5th grade math and statistics but are simply unable to grasp the basic concepts then I am wasting my breath. If you are just acting dumb then my apologies for missing the sarcasm.

It's because the virus is evolving - and it may evolve to the point that the vaccination is far less effective. Unvaccinated people are far more likely to become infected by any variant and spread that infection. So as a prophylactic matter when you're talking about people circulating in regular groups, it makes sense to take different precautions with unvaccinated people than with vaccinated people.

It's not absolute, it's a fluid situation both with our knowledge and of the virus itself changing. So you're not wrong from a certain perspective that if the vaccine really works, vaccinated people shouldn't need to worry about unvaccinated people. But at the public health or group-health management standpoint, deciding to use those measures is still sensible. It's their call and it's not unreasonable.
This all day.

"The serious Version and die?" You do realized the vast majority of deaths from this virus were older population with other underlying health issues right? These guys are athletes who most are in amazing health. Could some of them possibly die from the virus? Of course, but the chances are extremely low. Especially when the overall % chance of death for everyone is already extremely low. This isn't the second coming of the Bubonic Plague, it's pretty much another version of the flu.

Your statements make it obvious that you don't know how viruses work. Viruses jump from person to person, and generally speaking, reactions to viruses differ from person to person depending on a variety of factors. The more people a virulent person is in contact with, the higher the chances a virus spreads.

Even if players themselves don't die from it, in the course of a season, they can be carriers, and they will be in contact with literally 1000's of people in 9 cities across the country, some even overseas. If a player gets the virus, the potential for spreading it is significant.

If you want to compare it to the flu, you will have to compare it to the 1918 outbreak, not today's flu that is generally under control after 80 years of vaccine development.

Honest question. Since thousands die each year from the flu, why was the flue vaccine never a requirement. For some people, getting the flu is far more deadly to them than getting COVID.

Also, Fauchi himself can't seem to agree with himself most of the time and has come out with so many contradictions, it seems that an awful lot of members on here are putting their faith in a science that even the top man can't even figure out.

You have less of a chance of catching COVID. But if you do catch it, you are less likely to get really sick. You are less likely to die.
Specifically as of April 30th there were 101 million fully vaccinated adult with 10,200 reported cases of positive Covid infections among that group. That's a 0.01% infection rate. No hospitializations, no deaths. In addition even if a vaccinated individual is actually infected, they are unlikely to pass it on.

The rules make it pretty clear that if you want to work in the NFL for the 2021 season, you'd better get vaccinated.

SFIAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom