NFL New Vaccine rules for NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question. Since thousands die each year from the flu, why was the flue vaccine never a requirement. For some people, getting the flu is far more deadly to them than getting COVID.

People with the common flu are usually not asymptomatic. It's pretty predictable when it runs its course, and doctors know what to look for and how to respond.

Yes, if we were more serious about actually wiping it out, we would all get flu vaccines which would allow less hops, and less variants to emerge.

So, do you want to help wipe this one out, or allow yourself to be a host and facilitate more mutations?

Viruses are not alive, and can't reproduce on their own like bacteria. This one needs to land on particular cells in a human in order to replicate. Don't be the host.

The rules make it pretty clear that if you want to work in the NFL for the 2021 season, you'd better get vaccinated.

SFIAH

Right on the money... and Since it's super likely that nearly all the NFL Coaches, FO, Staff, and Execs have had the shot... and NFL player demographics consist of the least likely to suffer severe illness, hospitalization, and/or death (Healthy Young Super athletes)... This policy has less to do with safety..... And everything to do with Brand image and publicity... I really hate how this public health crisis has been used for everything except for a reason to solve a public health crisis.

Can you imagine a policy like this for all employees of Walmart, Home Depot, McDonalds. etc.... LMAO! Yeah right!

Last edited:
Specifically as of April 30th there were 101 million fully vaccinated adult with 10,200 reported cases of positive Covid infections among that group. That's a 0.01% infection rate. No hospitializations, no deaths. In addition even if a vaccinated individual is actually infected, they are unlikely to pass it on.

The rules make it pretty clear that if you want to work in the NFL for the 2021 season, you'd better get vaccinated.

SFIAH
Can you provide a source for these statistics. Not challenging your statement. I would like to show this to some people I know as to why they should get vaccinated.

A few individuals may have allergies severe enough that it's not a good idea to take the vaccine.

SFIAH
I think another reason is, some people are prone to blood clots. From what science is telling us (but the media won't), the vaccines have caused thousands to form blood clots, some that have killed people.

Can you imagine a policy like this for all employee of Walmart, Home Depot, McDonalds. etc.... LMAO! Yeah right!
Every public school district I've worked in has required documentation that my vaccines were up-to-date. Private businesses are certainly allowed to do the same. Just because you have not experienced it, does not mean it doesn't exist.

Legit question. Why is this vaccine so different from others. For instance if I get the polio vaccine I don't get polio. But someone who gets the covid vaccine cane still get covid. This is an honest question.
from: https://theconversation.com/can-peo...-covid-19-still-spread-the-coronavirus-161166

The Salk inactivated polio vaccine, for instance, does not completely stop polio virus from growing in the human gut. But it is extremely effective at preventing the crippling disease because it triggers antibodies that block the virus from infecting the brain and spinal cord. Good vaccines provide effective and durable training for the body’s immune system, so when it actually encounters the disease-causing pathogen, it’s ready to mount an optimum response.

SFIAH

I think another reason is, some people are prone to blood clots. From what science is telling us (but the media won't), the vaccines have caused thousands to form blood clots, some that have killed people.

I am on medication for a blood-clotting disorder, and spent a good deal of time looking up the implications on clotting for both covid and the vaccine. The science supports the vaccine, and I got one as soon as I was eligible.

Do not spread lies.

Every public school district I've worked in has required documentation that my vaccines were up-to-date. Private businesses are certainly allowed to do the same. Just because you have not experienced it, does not mean it doesn't exist.

I get your point... That said, Public schools are funded by tax dollars, and many people have no choice - they must attend public schools...

I am talking about private - for profit companies - and the people that chose to work there.... In relation to this cluster specifically.

To quote Neo in the Matrix... "The problem is choice"

I get your point... That said, Public schools are funded by tax dollars, and many people have no choice - they must attend public schools...

I am talking about private - for profit companies - and the people that chose to work there.... In relation to this cluster specifically.

Many NFL Stadiums are funded with tax-payer dollars, too. That is not the point. And I choose to work for my district, so not sure that flies, either. Discussion about government trying to tell private companies how to set their policies falls under politics, though, so maybe MAP would be a more appropriate board.

Can you provide a source for these statistics. Not challenging your statement. I would like to show this to some people I know as to why they should get vaccinated.
Here your go, straight from the CDC. I looked it up yesterday when I took note that Chris Paul has a breakthrough Covid infection as he was fully vaccinated with Pfizer in February.

SFIAH

Many NFL Stadiums are funded with tax-payer dollars, too. That is not the point. And I choose to work for my district, so not sure that flies, either. Discussion about government trying to tell private companies how to set their policies falls under politics, though, so maybe MAP would be a more appropriate board.

Right... So do we put a vax requirement for all fans and staff who enter a NFL stadium? Nah... That would hit the NFL in the wallet, and who would serve hot dogs and beer? Can't do that!!!... LOL

And you and I are saying the same thing... It comes down to choice (for the employee/consumer)... and Policy directive for the entity (Private or Public)... My point was, Public funded entities and Private (for profit entities) will see their policies in different lights for much different reasons... and rarely will that reason be solely based on public safety or personal responsibility.

The NFL is exhibit A in that case right here. That's all I got.

PS Edit: I am not an Anti-Vaxer - I am vaccinated - I have no horse in the Ideological D-bag pissing contest that will eventually engulf this thread by all the usual posters that simply can't help themselves.

Last edited:
My point was, Public funded entities and Private (for profit entities) will see their policies in different lights for much different reasons... and rarely will that reason be solely based on public safety or personal responsibility.

The NFL is exhibit A in that case right here. That's all I got.

Okay but I'm kind of at the point of 'so what?'

If the league's interest is in attempting to fully mitigate the chance of a new wave of disruptions that complicate the performance of their seasonal business, isn't that interest legitimate? Private business almost always acts in the interest of the business and not necessary in the interest of public safety or personal responsibility except where those interests align. But I'm not seeing how that's particularly meaningful or revelatory here.

Maybe I missed the origins of this line of debate in the thread, if so, apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom