NFL New Vaccine rules for NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on medication for a blood-clotting disorder, and spent a good deal of time looking up the implications on clotting for both covid and the vaccine. The science supports the vaccine, and I got one as soon as I was eligible.

Do not spread lies.
He isn't spreading lies hence why the Johnson & Johnson shot was taken off the market, it was killing people with blood clots. I also have a clotting disorder and my doctor advised me against it. I had Covid and it was not that bad, no worse than the flu for a couple days. I know a few people that had to be hospitalized after getting the shots for clotting problems. It isn't lies just because it did not happen to you. Maybe you should do more research.

He isn't spreading lies hence why the Johnson & Johnson shot was taken off the market, it was killing people with blood clots. I also have a clotting disorder and my doctor advised me against it. I had Covid and it was not that bad, no worse than the flu for a couple days. I know a few people that had to be hospitalized after getting the shots for clotting problems. It isn't lies just because it did not happen to you. Maybe you should do more research.

One death confirmed, two others suspected in the United States. It wasn't taken off the market - it was suspended pending additional investigation and then returned to use some days later. I think they identified 19 cases or suspected cases in about 7 million shots administered in the US with J&J. There were similar concerns with the AstraZeneca shot in Europe (both use the same viral vector method) and numbers on about the same scale.

But similar clotting has not been associated with the mRNA vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer, so those at risk of immune thrombocytopenia should opt for the mRNA method.

Fair enough, so what.... for now. (Waiting for the NFL policy that states FOX-NFLN-ESPN can lose it's Broadcast rights any given week should any of their Broadcast personnel on-site not be vaccinated or test positive prior to gameday, and sets a super strict regimented policy for all broadcast members choosing not to be Vaxed - You know - Because the NFL cares soooo much about Covid safety)
Of course, the NFL is not primarily concerned about safety but money. A couple of key points though: one, there was a change in the white house. Two, when the union and league agree on something it can be defended in court. Yes, all major sports leagues learned how to operate with minor disruption during the height of the pandemic but that's not the goal. The goal is to maximize profit while minimizing the risk of covid related disruptions. The country is still trying (in most places) to get back to some type of normal, so if it helps the league's image that's a welcomed side effect.

"The serious Version and die?" You do realized the vast majority of deaths from this virus were older population with other underlying health issues right? These guys are athletes who most are in amazing health. Could some of them possibly die from the virus? Of course, but the chances are extremely low. Especially when the overall % chance of death for everyone is already extremely low. This isn't the second coming of the Bubonic Plague, it's pretty much another version of the flu.

The person I know who got it the worst and didn't die was an extremely fit physician who participated in triathlons. He almost died and now has diabetes and respiratory problems.

620,000 are dead.

Don't downplay it.

I also have a clotting disorder and my doctor advised me against it. I had Covid and it was not that bad, no worse than the flu for a couple days.

I wish you and your family nothing but the best.

In the meantime...

If 1.7 million Louisiana residents have received at least one dose, and what maybe 40% or so sign up for this lottery, the odds should be pretty good!

I caught it and did not get really sick and die just saying
If people are playing russian roulette, there's a chance they will pull the trigger and nothing will happen. That doesn't mean if you put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger you won't catch that bullet. Good for you that you didn't suffer any immediate health effects. That doesn't mean you won't get it again or suffer from long term affects that haven't manifested themselves yet.

Apparently not. The fact that you can still get it after this miracle vaccine proves that anything can happen. It is bull crap that the NFL is forcing this on the players basically. They are the new NAZI party, take this shot or else you get different and unfair treatment and are segregated from all your teammates.
What if you are a player that can't take the vaccine as you have something that the vaccine may aggravate or cause you sickness? It's unfair what they are doing and they will probably pay the price in law suits from players.
The NFL wants the product on the field. Covid impacts the ability to put the product on the field. It was barely 6 months ago that Ty Montgomery was forced into the RB1 slot because Kamara caught Covid and the entire running back room was quarantined. The product was off the field.

I'm sure that a deal can be worked out for those who are medically contra-indicated from taking the vaccine. It's one of the reasons that there seems to be a 85% threshold of compliance. But as for everyone else who chooses not to be vaccinated, it's deliberately choosing to expose themselves to risks that can keep them off the field. So, keeping them isolated is a smart move IMHO.

SFIAH

People with the common flu are usually not asymptomatic. It's pretty predictable when it runs its course, and doctors know what to look for and how to respond.

Yes, if we were more serious about actually wiping it out, we would all get flu vaccines which would allow less hops, and less variants to emerge.

So, do you want to help wipe this one out, or allow yourself to be a host and facilitate more mutations?

Viruses are not alive, and can't reproduce on their own like bacteria. This one needs to land on particular cells in a human in order to replicate. Don't be the host.
If you work in a hospital. Most hospitals require flu shots. At least where I live they do

I think it actually makes a good bit of sense. Vaccinations are readily available and as an owner, I wouldn’t be happy if my QB misses 2 weeks because he decided not to take the shot!
You can still test positive with the shot. The efficacy seems to be against severe level symptoms...if you are prone to that.

Sad that so many think that what they choose to do for themselves entitles them to pass judgment on others who don’t make the same choice.

Much sadder that so many think what they choose (or choose not) to do can't possibly affect other people. The selfishness of Americans has been on full display for more than a year now though so not particularly surprising.

Right on the money... and Since it's super likely that nearly all the NFL Coaches, FO, Staff, and Execs have had the shot... and NFL player demographics consist of the least likely to suffer severe illness, hospitalization, and/or death (Healthy Young Super athletes)... This policy has less to do with safety..... And everything to do with Brand image and publicity... I really hate how this public health crisis has been used for everything except for a reason to solve a public health crisis.

Can you imagine a policy like this for all employees of Walmart, Home Depot, McDonalds. etc.... LMAO! Yeah right!
It should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom