New Wii Channel! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Everyone Votes channel is up and like the name implies, everyone from afghanistan to zanzabar gets to vote on all kinds of questions such "do you prefer cats or dogs?". While it's not groundbreaking it's still pretty neat. Can't wait to see what other kinds of stuff they will add in the future.

Nothing against ULL_Scott, but really in all honesty...is this what the Wii has to offer? Gamecube graphics and world wide polls? I know people hate Sony, but come on guys...seriously?

Nothing against ULL_Scott, but really in all honesty...is this what the Wii has to offer? Gamecube graphics and world wide polls? I know people hate Sony, but come on guys...seriously?

lol

No, they offer games worth buying and games people are enjoying. What does Sony offer? A $600 price tag and not one single game worth buying....

No, they offer games worth buying and games people are enjoying. What does Sony offer? A $600 price tag and not one single game worth buying....

Ouch, the truth hurts. I'm one of the guys thats waiting for some good games to come out before I get the PS3. I'm really want to use that blue-ray player on my new LCd HD Tv.

I finally got a wii yesterday and I stayed up till 3am playing it... and it was
just the wii sports that came with the system. I can't wait to get a "real" game!

just curious, do you own a wii?

To be fair, I guess you missed the part where the games "not worth owning" are mostly the same games offered for the Xbox 360. :covri:

I am not a Sony fan either, but sometimes, people take this gaming war way too seriously. None of these companies do right by their customers. I could sit here all night describing ways M.S. screws it's customers, much like Sony and Nintendo do. As an example, the wonderful customer support for replacing broken Xbox 360s. Yikes!

just curious, do you own a wii?

No. I've had my fair share of playing it though. Friends that were gungho about getting a Wii from the start and my 6 year old nephew. Played some Wii Sports, the emulator for Bomberman, Call of Duty and Super Monkey Ball. Super Monkey Ball was by far the best game of the group, though nothing new compared to the past Monkey Ball games.

I know I mentioned that people hate Sony, but I'm not honestly trying to compare the two. I'm trying to figure out what the big deal is with the Wii. I know you say that there are "games worth buying" but according to everything I've seen, Zelda is the only one that is good and most ratings I've seen don't even give it a "top notch" score (I've checked about 3 places, so they could be the only ones that say that, I'll admit) Even the polls and stuff on gamespot.com list the Top Rated Games for the Wii as a bunch of NES and SNES emulators basically and most of these games don't even get a decent rating. Again, I'm not trying to compare the system to the PS3, cause lord knows the crappy four or five total games they have are nothing to praise. If for some reason I'm missing something about the Wii, besides Zelda, the NES and SNES games you can play on thousands of websites and even on the old school Dreamcast, the weather and poll channels or the games already/will be offered on 360, please let me know I'd really like to understand where the craze is coming from (this isn't me being sarcastic, I'm honestly confused by all of this)

EDIT: I reread Frags post. Let me point out that if ts based on games people are enjoying, you can just say that. I didn't see that part and if its just that people are honestly having fun with it, more power to them. However I'm sticking by my current disagreeing of "game worth buying" :)

Last edited:
i have never had a problem with nintendo. I have never had to send a console back or anything, which is why i always buy their product. I really wanted a ps2, but got a gamecube because I kept readin articles about how they overheat or break, etc. Not everything is perfect, and systems will break, but it happens less often with nintendo.

Zelda is fun, im about half way through it. Sword techniques and the bow and arrow are awesome, but its getting too much like everyother zelda. and it is a little too kiddy, no sorry, it IS too kiddy. But its still a good buy

i have never had a problem with nintendo. I have never had to send a console back or anything, which is why i always buy their product. I really wanted a ps2, but got a gamecube because I kept readin articles about how they overheat or break, etc. Not everything is perfect, and systems will break, but it happens less often with nintendo.

Zelda is fun, im about half way through it. Sword techniques and the bow and arrow are awesome, but its getting too much like everyother zelda. and it is a little too kiddy, no sorry, it IS too kiddy. But its still a good buy...

If for some reason I'm missing something about the Wii, besides Zelda, the NES and SNES games you can play on thousands of websites and even on the old school Dreamcast, the weather and poll channels or the games already/will be offered on 360, please let me know I'd really like to understand where the craze is coming from (this isn't me being sarcastic, I'm honestly confused by all of this)

The Wii has brought back old times. It is something NEW, the ps3 and 360 are basically upgrades to mii, just more powerfull versions of their past. The Wii is the wiimote, and that thing brings life back to gaming. I couldnt get my girlfriend to play a 360 or ps3, but she LOVES the wii, so does my dad (who last played pga tourgold, the 1st one for sega genesis) loves it too! you feel your in the game, its just pretty much the coolest thing since SNES

None taken. I wasn't trying to say it was the best thing out there but it's just a neat addition. And saying it has Gamecube graphics is not acurate but why open this can of worms?

It all depends on tastes. Nintendo has the market cornered on quirky games intended for a younger audience. If that's your thing then Wii is for you. The one great thing Nintendo has done is proven that gamers will flock to inovation and are willing to pay for style over substance. This is a great thing for the medium, because it will force Sony and Microsoft to outdo themselves with their games to keep the pace.

All that said, Nintendo WILL have to upgrade their graphics if they want to compete longterm.

As for myself, as goes SquareEnix, so goes I. Since it appears Final Fantasy 13 will be PS3, then I need a PS3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom