>>>Newer Members... Please Read<<< (3 Viewers)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Just some tips to keep to our standards and keep us (Mods and Admins) from having to work so hard, and more importantly off of your backs: ;)

A) Please don't post a new topic over an inane thought. Have something of substance to relate. For example:

"Subject: Reggie just said...... | Body: ....he loves being a Saint!" is fine as a reply to an ongoing topic, but a waste of VALUABLE front page real estate as a new topic. Not a lot of people like to go past page-one on the forums thread list. So make sure that your topic is topic-worthy.

B) Check to make sure that the topic that you wish to discuss, or the news item that you wish to post up hasn't already been discussed or posted recently so we can reduce the mega-merges. Glancing over the first few pages of threads is a good idea... and remember... the "Search" feature is your friend. If search is turned off for whatever reason, then please take the time to look look at the first couple of pages of threads.

C) NEVER start a new topic in response to an ongoing thread when you can respond within that thread instead. Don't be an attention whore!

D) Don't be a troll or an instigator. This board is for CIVIL and INTELLIGENT discussion and debate. It is also a family board, and we've been deleting quite a few suggestive photos and provocative avatars of late.

E) When debating, don't obsess. Make your case, debate it and MOVE ON! When doing so, leave out the personal jabs, mean-spirited sarcasm and parting shots.

F) To the prolific posters... quality over quantity. Posts should have substance. Do not post just for the sake of posting or to pad post counts. Ten responses with substance beat the heck out of a hundred increasingly irritating one-liners anyway. People do not care how much you post, only what the content is. That is how you are gauged as a member.

G) Thinly veiled profanity :nono:. NOT HERE! It's all asterisks and symbols or nothing!

H) Read the POSTING GUIDELINES. That is very important. "I didn't know" is not an acceptable excuse here. You are required to know the guidelines. No one is getting paid here and this community is far too large for us to continually try to babysit problem members.

I) Those that we find to be generally confrontational, antagonistic, rude, crude, racist, threatening, abrasive or or just plain mean will all have their posting permissions severely limited or removed completely, and perhaps WITHOUT WARNING.

J) When PM'd (Sent a conversation) by a MOD, the quickest way to being banned is to attack the mod. It's like telling us that you are a hot-head that is more trouble than you are worth and will continue to be trouble. Never call out the Mods publically. Send a Mod or Admin a PM instead. The moderators post all PM conversations regarding members/edited posts/help needed on a separate board. We do this so we can all stay on the same page.

Thanks for reading and participating here... Let's make this place more enjoyable for our target audience, which are passionate Saints fans that enjoy civil and intelligent discussion and debate. And let's take a little pressure off of our MODS. Believe me, here, moderating isn't easy. :)

Last edited:

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No smack talk? We may lose some people from that one.
From your lips to God's ears! :) Wouldn't it be great if people read the TOS and posted accordingly and there would be no need for mods? Never having to edit out profanity. Never having to ban someone? There are a million different boards out there, each with its own way of doing things. Those who love smack can find that type of board, I'm sure.

Note to smackers: Please save everyone involved time and energy by NOT trying to push the limits here. Thanks!

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Super Moderator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When other members see these guidelines being violated they should report them to a moderator, correct?
Absolutely right. ALL reported posts are addressed and removed or dealt with if the mods/admins find that action is needed.

Thanks for bringing that up, Rugger. :9:

saintcool13 said:
No smack talk? We may lose some people from that one.
This site is a bit different than most and isn't for everyone. If folks want smack talk there are plenty of places out there for that kind of thing. If they want good, solid football discussion - done with respect - then this is the place.

Last edited:

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
Absolutely right. ALL reported posts are addressed and removed or dealt with if the mods/admins find that action is needed.

Thanks for bringing that up, Rugger. :9:

This site is a bit different than most and isn't for everyone. If folks want smack talk there are plenty of places out there for that kind of thing. If they want good, solid football discussion - done with respect - then this is the place.
And our mods work FAST...I read a post yesterday that was only minutes old, and was pretty awful. I clicked to report it and *poof*, it was already gone.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: : Mods!!!

saintcool13

Free Agent
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure I'll be using that feature at some point. I like this site because on any given day I can find a civil discussion, but every once in a while some smack talkers show up. Good to know it's not allowed.

blackngoldmember

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
HOW TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE: Click on the search option at the top right of any page. A window will pop up. Type in any key word of the thought you are considering making a new thread about. For example, if you are about to make a new thread about the SAINTS/STEELERS HALL OF FAME GAME, then type in the words SAINTS/STEELERS HALL OF FAME GAME. Guess what, any threads about that topic will pop up. It's amazing. How do you think I found this thread?

Thorin

Idle
Reaction score
I am definitely not innocent. I have been modded (perhaps today even). To take a line from

'O Brother, Where Art Thou': "it's the straight and narrow from here on out". Thanks SR,

no More Mac trollery either. Sorry

carolinapf

Reaction score
New to the board but just wanted to stop by and say congrats on the win against Seattle...you guys were looking like last years team...keep it up...

cpf

lforet2002

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Broken rules

I just left another message board because the rules were being broken and the mods would do nothing..I got sick and tired of being called names and ridiculed on a Saints message board from outsiders..The mods decided to take the side of the perpetrator rather than me the guy who had been there for 3 years posting there and knew everyone pretty well.I am very upset over this cause I made some great friends there.Hopefully I can establish myself here as an informative,friendly and opinionated poster.Thanks to the powers that be for allowing my registration to go through..I look forward to chit-chatting with my fellow Saints fans..

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Super Moderator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not strictly prohibited. When the older thread is pertinent and/or germane to a current discussion or situation it can be bumped. What we are trying to avoid is bumping for the sake of bumping or bumping as a means of calling out a member.

Anomaly76

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm just curious because I started a thread called "Banter" and figured people would have good stories but I won't bother to do so as it doesn't necessarily fulfill any of the guidelines.

dennydee

Reaction score
I need help...I've enjoyed just reading about our 'beloved' Saints from all the True Fans...'67 to present; I've followed each and every yard (gain and loss) and rejoiced/cried from far corners of the world; but MONDAY NIGHT THE 24th was right up there (for me) with Dempsey's 63 yrdr' and the post-katrina DOMEHOMECOMING...I'm old now and slightly confused about all the 'Site' rules; but would love some simplification so that I might participate in the forum with less typing...anybody out there for dennydee?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom