Next 3 games.......must wins????? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Man oh man!!!!!! After yesterday's loss, I'm still proud we are 5-2!!!! Looking at the schedules, our next 3 weeks are gonna be HUGE. Here's why I think this could be a big stretch:
1.-11/5-@ Tampa Bay-division game. Nuff said. We need to win out in the division.
2.-11/12-@ Pittsburgh-Atlanta already beat 'em and the rest of the division has to play them. Even though they are 2-5 it will be a very tough game in a hostile environment.
3.-11/19-Cincy at Home. Again, Atlanta beat 'em and this could be a factor in any tie-breaking rules. Plus, we gave up our one at home this week!!

All three of these are leading to the 11/26 game @ Atlanta which will be HUGE. Atlanta's next 3 are @ Detroit, Cleveland at Home, and @ Baltimore. I think the Dirty Turds will beat Detroit and Cleveland. Baltimore will be tough, especially if the team we faced shows up. It could put us both at 7-3 or 8-2 going into the Falcons game which could have huge implecations on the division. Of course, we'll have to see what Carolina does or doesn't do. It's gonna be very hard getting separation in this division!!!

The only must win is next week -- we need to prove that we can go out, play horribly, get our butts whipped and be ready to play the next week

Atlanta has succesfully gone thru the difficult part of the schedule. I don't see them losing more than 3 games the rest of the season:

Nov 5 @Detroit
Nov 12 Cleveland
Nov 19 @Baltimore
Nov 26 New Orleans
Dec 3 @Washington
Dec 10 @Tampa Bay
Dec 16 Dallas
Dec 24 Carolina
Dec 31 @Philadelphia

The saints schedule is tougher now, we have difficult visits at Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Dallas and New York:

Nov 5 @Tampa Bay
Nov 12 @Pittsburgh
Nov 19 Cincinnati
Nov 26 @Atlanta
Dec 3 San Francisco
Dec 10 @Dallas
Dec 17 Washington
Dec 24 @N.Y. Giants
Dec 31 Carolina

The saints should improve dramatically if they want to get to the play-offs. If you look at the schedules of the rams and vikings makes you think if there is a chance of a wild-card in the conference.

Having a more difficult schedule, however, can be a good preparation for the future.

Every game is a must win that's why football is a great sport unlike baseball,basketball and Hockey where you can have a bad 6 six game run and recoup. It's on to the Bucs who will give us everything we can handle. I say it's Saints 21 Bucs 18!

Atlanta has succesfully gone thru the difficult part of the schedule. I don't see them losing more than 3 games the rest of the season:

Nov 5 @Detroit
Nov 12 Cleveland
Nov 19 @Baltimore
Nov 26 New Orleans
Dec 3 @Washington
Dec 10 @Tampa Bay
Dec 16 Dallas
Dec 24 Carolina
Dec 31 @Philadelphia

Philly and Baltimore have a good chance of beating them. Philly knows how to gameplan against Vick and have beaten him several times in the past. Same goes for Carolina, and hopefully Dallas can still be in the hunt. Tampa's defense can contain him as well but unfortunately they don't have the offense to back it up, unless they can come up with miracle like they ddi against Philly.

I don't think our schedule is much than theirs. They have Detoit, but we have San Francisco. Okay maybe they have Cleveland. So they have 1 easier game than us.

Last edited:
I think the next three are must-wins. Had we beaten the Ravens, I think the could've lost one or even two of the next three and been OK.

The way I see it, it's basically a race to 10 wins. And you want to get that record to something like 10-4 at some point. That way, the Saints would control their own destiny. If they're at 8-6 or 7-7, they'd need help to get into the playoffs.

ugh, this hurt. BUT you know the players are just as dissappointed if not moreso than us fans. They will be ready to play again come sunday. BELEE DAT!!!! We will take this division, one week at a time

I see every game was a must win. I thought losing yesterday was a killer. I thought we really needed that win at home considering we go on the road for 2 straight. Now we have the Falcons on our tail and they have what I guess you could call two "cupcake" games on their schedule coming up so its important that we go on another roll if we want to keep our lead in the division.

If it comes down to a tie-break... the only one we need to worry about is head to head, because we will be 2-0 vs. Atlanta at that point.

Philly, Baltimore, Dallas, Carolina, and Tampa all have legitimate shots at beating the turds. For us, it is one game at a time. This week is the most important game for us. Then next week will be the most important game for us and so on. The Patriots rode this philosophy all the way to a Super Bowl.

Man oh man!!!!!! After yesterday's loss, I'm still proud we are 5-2!!!! Looking at the schedules, our next 3 weeks are gonna be HUGE. Here's why I think this could be a big stretch:
1.-11/5-@ Tampa Bay-division game. Nuff said. We need to win out in the division.
2.-11/12-@ Pittsburgh-Atlanta already beat 'em and the rest of the division has to play them. Even though they are 2-5 it will be a very tough game in a hostile environment.
3.-11/19-Cincy at Home. Again, Atlanta beat 'em and this could be a factor in any tie-breaking rules. Plus, we gave up our one at home this week!!

All three of these are leading to the 11/26 game @ Atlanta which will be HUGE. Atlanta's next 3 are @ Detroit, Cleveland at Home, and @ Baltimore. I think the Dirty Turds will beat Detroit and Cleveland. Baltimore will be tough, especially if the team we faced shows up. It could put us both at 7-3 or 8-2 going into the Falcons game which could have huge implecations on the division. Of course, we'll have to see what Carolina does or doesn't do. It's gonna be very hard getting separation in this division!!!

As a 39 year Saints fan, the way I see it is that ONLY the first 4 wins were "must win" games. Now, at 5 wins, the Saints have exceeded last years record and show great improvement. I don't like playing this " the next game is a must win" and "looking at the rest of the schedule..." game. If you want to play that game, I suggest you try out the Eagles message board.

IMO, it is NOT FAIR to raise your expectations after the Saints are 5-2. Write expectations (goals) down at the BEGINNING of the year and take it out after each game and review it. I'm so sure we all had the Saints as division winners and playoff contenders pre-season... give me a break.

All I want is good, solid football from the Saints. No excessive stupid penalties and minimal turnovers. That was my expectation at the beginning of the season. That's all I want to see right now and I didn't see it yesterday. As to the "must wins" and the rest of the schedule, just give me solid football and I'll be happy... the rest of the wins that come from that will be lagniappe.

The next three games - "must win"? Not in my opinion.

As a 39 year Saints fan, the way I see it is that ONLY the first 4 wins were "must win" games. Now, at 5 wins, the Saints have exceeded last years record and show great improvement. I don't like playing this " the next game is a must win" and "looking at the rest of the schedule..." game. If you want to play that game, I suggest you try out the Eagles message board.

IMO, it is NOT FAIR to raise your expectations after the Saints are 5-2. Write expectations (goals) down at the BEGINNING of the year and take it out after each game and review it. I'm so sure we all had the Saints as division winners and playoff contenders pre-season... give me a break.

All I want is good, solid football from the Saints. No excessive stupid penalties and minimal turnovers. That was my expectation at the beginning of the season. That's all I want to see right now and I didn't see it yesterday. As to the "must wins" and the rest of the schedule, just give me solid football and I'll be happy... the rest of the wins that come from that will be lagniappe.

The next three games - "must win"? Not in my opinion.

I totally agree. Before the season I felt this was a 6-8 win team. They're one win away from 6 and are far exceeding my expectations. I'm just enjoying the ride. If we happen to fall apart and not make the playoffs it won't kill me because I didn't expect them to be anywhere near the playoffs at the beginning of the season. Its just good to know we're going in the right direction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom