Next and the most important stop - SECONDARY COACH (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
As much as I hate admitting it, GW's defense suited our Personnel much better than SPAGS's... By that I don't mean a constant all out blitz in a reckless kind of way but different looks in blitzing packages ...... But we paid a heavy price for that in the post season against the SEAHAWKS and 9ERS as our Secondary was below average ...... We need a proven SECONDARY COACH who can hold in the secondary so we can put more people in the box ...... I wanted HARPER gone after the SEAHAWKS debacle and even P-ROB needs to be moved inside after watching him get abused by DEZ BRYANT .... I wonder if we are even interviewing anyone for that position yet ...

A. I'm sure we are interviewing someone for that position already.

B. So we are now excusing our secondary play all on the position coach? This is ridiculous. Blaming the defensive coordinator is 1 thing but the position coach is another. Not by any stretch am I saying he did a good job, but you can't blame him for bad scheme and lack of talent to fit that scheme.

As much as I hate admitting it, GW's defense suited our Personnel much better than SPAGS's... By that I don't mean a constant all out blitz in a reckless kind of way but different looks in blitzing packages ...... But we paid a heavy price for that in the post season against the SEAHAWKS and 9ERS as our Secondary was below average ...

I'm so sick of the argument "you live by the sword, you die by the sword" when it comes to GW and his defense in the playoffs. What got us there was blitzing at the right time, not blitzing all the time. We blitzed more than any other team but it wasn't reckless. GW calling a blitz on the play that let V Davis run wild for 40+ yards was one of the WORST PLAY CALLS OF ALL TIME! Nobody in their right mind would have done that, and we later learne that GW is definitely not in his right mind.

That's why SP essentially fired GW! GW would have been offered a contract after the '11 season if it weren't for calling a blitz on that play!

Ryan I am sure, is already interviewing candidates for this position. I do believe it is an important position in Ryans defensive schemes so the choice will be important. Not only does the selection have to be compatible with Ryan, but a guy who can be a teacher for this secondary sorely in need of improvement with their technique and positioning.

still trying to figure out how our special teams coach got a 'pass' and was not fired.

still trying to figure out how our special teams coach got a 'pass' and was not fired. and why finding his replacement isnt a priority

I think the secondary coach comes from the college ranks to if not brought with Ryan from Dallas....I think it will be a college coach because its taken so much time to hire one do we must be reviewing candidates from both pro and college ranks.

Our safeties can't cover and we have no pass rush... our Former DC didn't put players in position to succeed... secondary coach needs help to be successful! Didn't GW's defense win a SB???

Does anyone know if Ryan is bringing the linebacker coach from Dallas w him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom