Next best thing to fans in the stands (1 Viewer)

What if they pipe in noise...cough, cough,...(Failcant's), and then CGI in the fans for T.V. purposes? So it looks like a full loud football stadium? Just a thought. :idea::12:

I think it sounds like a good idea in theory but ultimately will be looked at negatively if the situation regarding Covid-19 are still perceived to be as bad, or worse, then as it is now. I can definitely see politicians here in CA using such a thing as a reason why football has to be suspended for example. Whether players actually like it or not (I'd imagine like in most things some players probably love fan enthusiasm and others couldn't care any less), they might be told by league and/or team officials to denounce such things in the interest of public health.

Of course they do, its to keep everyone happy. No matter what city they play in, they would say they have the "best fans in the world"
You have a very cynical view. I think the level of caring runs the spectrum. And there likely are some that don't care at all. But I think the vast majority care, even if only a little. And if stands can't be in the stands, or only a small fraction can, I think a majority of players and personnel would empathize with fans and appreciate that kind of support.

I’ll tune in but it’s going to be odd to me if in empty stadiums.

Of course they do, its to keep everyone happy. No matter what city they play in, they would say they have the "best fans in the world"
when i was a touring artist performing in front of cheering crowds, some of whom would hang out for autographs are just to say 'good show', i would always think, "oh, these poor souls, i wish they would shush and leave me alone so i can go bacl to the pensione and watch italian game shows'

by the way that's sarcasm
there are precious few people who don't like others showing appreciate for their efforts

You have a very cynical view. I think the level of caring runs the spectrum. And there likely are some that don't care at all. But I think the vast majority care, even if only a little. And if stands can't be in the stands, or only a small fraction can, I think a majority of players and personnel would empathize with fans and appreciate that kind of support.

Part of what makes New Orleans special for the players is the connection with the city and with the fans. Just like after Katrina the team knew they were playing for the fans and for the city. If we give them the car tunnel to head to the game before it starts, it lets them know we care. It lets them know this is bigger than just collecting a check. Maybe they can meet at the saints training facility and we can build the tunnel of cars down airline highway. This is a lesser used highway and a place that Jefferson Parish can make the decision on having it, if Mayor Cantrell is going to be an issue.

There is definite potential for some new experiences if the league/networks are creative enough. I would pay for a VR access and be able to toggle the cameras I want. Switch to sky cam mode... that would be a trip. Or tune into the helmet view of your favorite player?? No, it doesn't get fans out to the stadiums, but maybe you could do something like a virtual seat, everyone in your section is in a chat room/zoom meeting type thing... I dunno. I just think there are ways to get more fan engagement aka maintain revenue with this new (hopefully temporary) way of society.

Maybe this changes how stadiums are built in the future. Heck, it already costs an arm and leg just to sit right on top of each other and have a poor view when the action is on the other side of the field. Attendance is already a struggle. Much like the theaters, people are becoming more content on skipping the experience, saving money and watching it on their 4k tv at home. There will always be the demand to see it live, but creating more ways to experience the games should only help going forward instead of the fear of them taking away attendance to games. That is going down regardless.

It would be a nice gesture and I’m sure very appreciated by the players. However, it wouldn’t make much difference as far as game outcome or anything. The players do feed off of crowd energy, and that’s why there’s home field advantage. I’m sure it would just be a different vibe altogether playing without fans. It would be like a band playing a show for fans, but no crowd. It might still be entertaining and serve a purpose, but not the same energy. Think how much musicians sweat in front of an audience. It’s just different. So to the idea, sure, anyone who would want to spend time welcoming players to the empty stadium, that’s very thoughtful, but don’t expect it to alter the games or anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom