Next QB is not on the roster (1 Viewer)

I don’t think we have time to fool around with late round projects. I think we draft a QB in the first round next year.
Grier is my favorite option out of this years and next years draft.
But, behind him, next year will have Jake Fromm and Tua. Shea Patterson is like Johnny Manziel without the off the field stuff.
Of all these, Grier had the best freshman stats in the SEC

I was big on Bridgewater until the Panthers game last year. I think he had one objective...get MT the record so MT could then sit. He almost got MT killed and took 3 qtrs iirc. Seemed lost, held the ball forever. But, he is back on the roster so SP must like him. I am a lowly keyboard jockey but that is what my eyes told me.

Grier is my favorite option out of this years and next years draft.
But, behind him, next year will have Jake Fromm and Tua. Shea Patterson is like Johnny Manziel without the off the field stuff.
Of all these, Grier had the best freshman stats in the SEC

You’re leaving out Justin Herbert.

Trace McSorley is my favourite player on this draft. But he needs development. If our future quarterback is not yet on our roster, I hope it is him.

Trace McSorley is my favourite player on this draft. But he needs development. If our future quarterback is not yet on our roster, I hope it is him.

Mike D. Said don’t be surprised if the Saints take McSorley late...but not as a QB...as a slot receiver.

Recently have been watching this kid out of Boise St. highlight films. Brett Rypien. He's projected to be drafted in the latter rounds. He seems to have all the tools and impressive on accuracy. Here's hoping that the Saints brass are seriously looking to draft him if he's available in the 6th or 7th. A sleeper pick.
From the small, sample size playing time that I've seen from him...I noticed that he has a very compact throwing motion.

But all I've seen from him was in the short passing game. I don't know if he's got adequate arm strength or decent touch on his deep passes.

I've been lukewarm on Teddy since the Panthers game, but I have faith that Coach Payton knows what he's doing.
Bit unfair to judge Bridgewater on that game alone. His starting oline was Peat (got injured in the game) Clapp, Unger, Tom and Cornelius Lucas! He had an assignment to seek out Thomas. All things considered, he did ok.
Also, every qb that will start for the saints will be worse then Brees. Who do you want to be the first to try? A rookie drafted in the 6th or Bridgewater?

Bit unfair to judge Bridgewater on that game alone. His starting oline was Peat (got injured in the game) Clapp, Unger, Tom and Cornelius Lucas! He had an assignment to seek out Thomas. All things considered, he did ok.
Also, every qb that will start for the saints will be worse then Brees. Who do you want to be the first to try? A rookie drafted in the 6th or Bridgewater?
Oh no doubt Bridgewater would be the choice.
That game put a little bit of hesitancy in my thought process about where his progress was at.
I understand that he played behind our 2nd string oline, but he seemed to have spark at all.
As I said in my previous post...I have faith in Coach Payton and his football vision.

A rookie drafted in the 1st round.

Saints really, really like Will Grier.
They like someone on my Mountaineers, just not sure who. All 32 nfl teams were at the wvu pro day but we had the most scouts by far. We'll find out in a few days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom