Next Star Trek movie in trouble? (1 Viewer)

Broadcast TV is not going away. Why? Because it is free. I dropped Cable, guess what? I use broad cast tv to catch my local stations.

I'll also argue Physical Media is not going away and brick and mortar are not going to disappear until there are no more poor people.

I’m not a star trek fan, but i enjoy the new movies (star wars feeling about them), and they trump (lol) the latest star wars crap.

I’m not a star trek fan, but i enjoy the new movies (star wars feeling about them), and they trump (lol) the latest star wars crap.

So far, they are running backwards from the original Star Trek films IMHO (you may recall that people used to say "only the even numbered ones are good"). The first and third were very good, the second one was a bad paste job of "nostalgia" (read rip-off) moments from the earlier films (mostly Star Trek 2) and came off very poorly for it. That film had "99 problems": bad script, bad editing, miscasting, plot holes so big the Enterprise could have flown through them, and a million lens flares (apparently in an attempt to blind the audience to the fact they were just watching Star Trek: Rehash).
The first of the new films was a lot of fun, had a solid plot, and was well scripted; the third wasn't quite as good, but featured a lot of good performances and had a good story with not so many plot holes.

And I'm in agreement that Star Trek and Star Trek Beyond are far better than the new Star Wars films, but to me Into Darkness was the same ripped off, rehashed mess that TFA and TLJ were, though for all its problems, it wasn't as bad as TLJ (I'm still trying to pretend that film doesn't even exist, much like Star Wars Episode 1 and Episode 2).

Now I’m thinking that Tarantino’s Trek movie will be completely separate from Kirk/Picard and be it’s own thing

I was hoping to see what he’d do with existing characters
======================

“Fargo” and “Legion” creator Noah Hawley has been tapped to write and direct the next installment of the “Star Trek” franchise, sources tell Variety.

Though plot details are being kept under wraps, sources tell Variety the next “Star Trek” is expected to see Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana returning to man the U.S.S. Enterprise.

J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot will return to produce, with Hawley also producing through his 26 Keys production banner...........

This will serve as the fourth movie in the cinematic series, and is separate from another “Star Trek” pic that Paramount is developing with Quentin Tarantino producing and Mark L. Smith writing.......

Just saw this prime. I just finished and loved Discovery, and so look forward to Picard.
TNG will always have my heart tho.

Wonder if they are still planning a time travel plot

Or maybe mirror universe

Looks like it's a go
================

Star Trek is ready to boldly go where they've gone three times before.

On Tuesday, J.J. Abrams announced plans for a fourth Star Trek film at the Paramount Investors Day presentation. The film will be directed by Matt Shakman (WandaVision) with Abrams producing, and the aim is to bring back many of Abrams' original stars from his 2009 reboot of the long-running franchise.

"We are thrilled to say that we are hard at work on a new Star Trek film that will be shooting by the end of the year that will be featuring our original cast and some new characters that I think are going to be really fun and exciting and help take Star Trek into areas that you've just never seen before," Abrams said.

"We're thrilled about this film, we have a bunch of other stories that we're talking about that we think will be really exciting, so can't wait for you to see what we're cooking up. But until then, live long and prosper."..........

Looks like it's a go
================

Star Trek is ready to boldly go where they've gone three times before.

On Tuesday, J.J. Abrams announced plans for a fourth Star Trek film at the Paramount Investors Day presentation. The film will be directed by Matt Shakman (WandaVision) with Abrams producing, and the aim is to bring back many of Abrams' original stars from his 2009 reboot of the long-running franchise.

"We are thrilled to say that we are hard at work on a new Star Trek film that will be shooting by the end of the year that will be featuring our original cast and some new characters that I think are going to be really fun and exciting and help take Star Trek into areas that you've just never seen before," Abrams said.

"We're thrilled about this film, we have a bunch of other stories that we're talking about that we think will be really exciting, so can't wait for you to see what we're cooking up. But until then, live long and prosper."..........

So, who plays Chekov?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom