Next Star Trek Movie (2 Viewers)

If it has ship to ship battles I'm in. Very disappointed that the Enterprise wasn't able to fire a singe phaser in this one.

The best part of II, III, and Undiscovered Country (?) was how Kirk faced of in a chess match of sorts against other ship captains...Khan or Klingon....

I always thought the expansion of the episode "City on the Edge of Forever" to a feature film would make a fantastic movie.

Doing something in that vein would be awesome, IMO.

I do think the beginning of the war with the Klingon's makes the most sense (they turned this into a blockbuster series). Or maybe that coupled with the Romulans.

However, The City on the Edge of Forever would be interesting. In a way, it could play along with the idea of following the original movies, by making it a variation of ST IV. However, I'm not sure Nazi's have as big of a draw now. It may feel played out.

I'd like to see the Andorians play a role in upcoming movies.

A redo of City on the Edge of Forever is tempting but I'd rather see something totally new. IMO, Khan had to be done, but now that it is over, let's see something from the five year exploratory mission. Let's get something as totally new as possible.

A redo of City on the Edge of Forever is tempting but I'd rather see something totally new. IMO, Khan had to be done, but now that it is over, let's see something from the five year exploratory mission. Let's get something as totally new as possible.

I agree. I thought the idea was to reboot the franchise not make new versions of old plotlines.

Without the Vulcan's around I'm surprised everything is still as peaceful as it has been.

Q-Squared.

Great book that ties Trelane and Gary Mitchell together.

If they could get Patrick Stewart to put on the uniform just one more time, there's a bunch of scenes I've always wanted to see.

Captain Sisko, who conceivably can travel through time and dimension as a result of him being part worm hole alien/Prophet, should definitely make an appearance. Avery Brooks was my favorite part of Ds9 - he played Sisko to perfection - and he IS from New Orleans! ;-) Would love to see some resolution to his character/timeline...DS9 finale felt unfinished!

Q-Squared.

Great book that ties Trelane and Gary Mitchell together.

If they could get Patrick Stewart to put on the uniform just one more time, there's a bunch of scenes I've always wanted to see.

Q-Squared was great. I haven't read it in ages, I remember really liking it.

Federation was really good also, much better era crossover than the generations movie.

Prime Directive was top notch too. But they sort of went that way at the beginning of Darkness.

I do kind of want to see the mirror universe, I was always a little disappointed that it never made a reappearance on TNG

I do kind of want to see the mirror universe, I was always a little disappointed that it never made a reappearance on TNG

and i didn't really like the way it was handled on DS9. Some of the novels that involved the Mirror Universe were pretty good. And the the two part store at the end of Star Trek: Enterprise, though not perfect was watchable.

Just saw it, enjoyable movie. That battle starship was bad***

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

I think they've set up two possibilities - First would be the Klingon war. Secondly (not really a set up) something to do with the deep space exploration angle. Personally, I really want the Klingon war because they really need to do something that is far more epic in scope. The movies have really been rather myopic in terms of the scope - even though there were opportunities (I thought the last TNG movie had all sorts of possibilities that could have involved more political intrigue etc. - and they completely dropped the ball on it. So far the most truly epic ST movies have been First Contact, Undiscovered Country and the first JJ Abrams movie. I'm really tired of ST movies that could have been done in a TV episode. It's time to take the series to the next level.

Without the Vulcan's around I'm surprised everything is still as peaceful as it has been.

Because of this, I think the Klingon's will make their move earlier than in the original universe. Maybe even the Romulans.

Eventually they do have to make that transition, or they circumvent it completely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom