Next Taysom Hill? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Saw an article on the main page that got me thinking:

Forever grateful his HOF career was in a Saints uni, but Drew has limited snaps left in his career. We'll prolly never see another of his caliber in our lifetime, but the young team being built behind him seems to be conducive to fielding a consistent contender without a GOAT QB.

Payton seems content with his QB room, on record as saying he's happy it remains intact. I infer he's referring to TB, as he's the only QB who could've left. I'm not sure TB is our QB of the future, but I'm not sure TH is either. Fortunately, I'm not coach, so I'll be content with his decision, as I KNOW he'll do what's best for the team.

But I must admit, I LUV having DB & TH on the field at the same time. I can't help but speculate what our offense might look like with TH as triggerman once Brees is gone. But that means we'll have lost our wildcard/joker swiss army knife threat. Which makes me want to keep TH in that role and have TB elevate to starter in post-Brees era.

But what if TH outplays TB and earns the nod? Can we find the next TH swiss army knife player to replace TH if TH replaces Brees? Referencing the article above, is Kaden Ellis the next TH? And if so, what would this offense look like with TH as QB and a 2nd TH on the field at the same time? Salacious thoughts...

Let’s see if he even makes the team first. I hope someone with his freakish athletic abilities can be utilized but as we know all to well freakish athletic ability doesn’t mean success in the NFL. I don’t know his intelligence level as I’ve never heard of him until we drafted him. Someone who played so many positions should have a pretty good IQ so I really hope he can make an impact.

I am a believer in Ellis. Seeing how he has the pedigree. If he is stuck in the PS, and has a season to absorb the system, I firmly believe he can come in for year 2 and give us looks at multiple positions.

Let’s see if he even makes the team first. I hope someone with his freakish athletic abilities can be utilized but as we know all to well freakish athletic ability doesn’t mean success in the NFL. I don’t know his intelligence level as I’ve never heard of him until we drafted him. Someone who played so many positions should have a pretty good IQ so I really hope he can make an impact.

I agree, he's just a rookie, and an unknown rookie at that. And hasn't taken a single NFL snap yet. But seems to have that football IQ and NFL pedigree that Payton likes so much. And I have to believe that someone that versatile is gonna "stick" at one of those positions. And wouldn't it be something if we have Taysom Hill 2.0 on our hands?! Which is what got me thinking...what would this offense look like with TWO Taysom Hills on the field at the same time?

I agree, he's just a rookie, and an unknown rookie at that. And hasn't taken a single NFL snap yet. But seems to have that football IQ and NFL pedigree that Payton likes so much. And I have to believe that someone that versatile is gonna "stick" at one of those positions. And wouldn't it be something if we have Taysom Hill 2.0 on our hands?! Which is what got me thinking...what would this offense look like with TWO Taysom Hills on the field at the same time?
Don’t sleep on either Chase Hansen or Corbin Kaufusi. All 3 of those guys have played multiple positions (both on offense and defense) in college.

If he makes the team is based off special teams as he and Biegel will be backing up the linebackers spots with Robertson though the latter is the first off the bench to spell Davis, Anzalone or Klien so there may be a spot for him for depth and special teams play.

I am a believer in Ellis. Seeing how he has the pedigree. If he is stuck in the PS, and has a season to absorb the system, I firmly believe he can come in for year 2 and give us looks at multiple positions.
I hope so but if he shines in camp, somebody will sign him

Wasn't Hansen released?
It was a medical thing. We released him since he wasn't going to be able to participate in the first rookie camp, but there was a handshake agreement that he'd be signed back after. They wanted to have as many guys at the rookie camp/tryout as possible. That's what I read about it at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom