Next Year might be rough (1 Viewer)

I’m really scared about these next few seasons. You look back at Cleveland back in the 80s. They never recovered from the drive and the fumble.

Disagree. Look how they recovered from last year. The way they bounce back and went 13-3 even shock me. I think this team have a chance to be the Buffalo Bills of the 1990s.

I unfortunately agree. They will need to have a 2015 Bronco like defense to make it if Brees does indeed come back. Add in a good TE, another WR, and a consistantly healthy Oline so that they are a run first offense and they can do it. It's not going to be like this year, I would expect the rest of the division to all have better records in 2019 than 2018. Cams shoulder will be good, Atlanta will get their defense back, and Tampa will have that new coach excitement.

A priority this off-season has to be getting the QB situation setup, I don't want the Saints to turn into the mess that the Broncos are after Manning retired.

Get the Clemson kid. 2020 I think?

Of course Drew won’t be the same. Age catches up with everyone. I think this team can bounce back. What this team have to do is add more denfense to become more dominant. Also need WR, TE and OL.

Logic.
Don’t try that here. DB9 is my favorite player, love him. He is starting the decline imo too.

Having said that, he’s so gifted he can still lead us back next year with the correct pieces and some health around him. Imo.

Of course Drew's play has declined. He's 40! We all knew that at some point age was going to catch up with him. Seems like time finally caught up with him from the Dallas game onward.

But I'm not counting this team out just yet. They got up off the canvas after one of the most devastating losses in sports history and nearly made it to the Super Bowl. This team has true grit. They play with so much heart and passion and I'm damn proud of them. If we can bring in a few more WRs and a TE we could absolutely make another run. A lot of thing would have to go right but it's possible.

Brees won’t retire till he gets all the major records...by a wide margin...then he’ll hang it up...it will be decades before his records are broken....decades! He’ll go a year or two after Brady gos and Brady will go first

I think all this team needs for one more playoff run, is a good TE and a speedy shifty wideout. We are set at D IMO. and if Rankins comes back, we really set. Our offense was exposed after the Dallas game, and we weren't the same since. Im shocked we did as well as we did against Philly offensively. This team has one more run in it, if it chooses. But we have to get better pass catchers. Michael Thomas cannot do it alone. When Thomas is double and triple teamed, Brees struggles finding another option. Thats just the facts.

If Brees can swallow his pride, now is the time to walk away. He has had an incredible career that many experts say could not be had by a person his size and with his shoulder injury. He has shown will, heart, and smarts can beat size in the NFL and I hate seeing great players stay too long and destroy the greatness they once had.

Don't settle for a lesser ability just to stay on the field.

Disagree. Look how they recovered from last year. The way they bounce back and went 13-3 even shock me. I think this team have a chance to be the Buffalo Bills of the 1990s.
I guess the one positive thing that makes us different than the Browns of the 80s and the Bills of the 90s is that at least we as fans can say we've experienced the euphoria of a Super Bowl win. Their fans can't and have to live would what could have been. We will still have that feeling as Saints fans when it comes to the '11, '17, and now '18 season but we also have that Super Bowl trophy as well.

What more do they need to do ? Busted their tail and gutted out injuries down the stretch to get home field for what ? If you think that another Lombardi is going to NOLA as long as Goddell is running things you just haven't paid attention to his hate for Payton. Inside he is smiling today

I’m starting to believe that the next phase of the saints has us being a defensive power with an ok offense.

If Brees can swallow his pride, now is the time to walk away. He has had an incredible career that many experts say could not be had by a person his size and with his shoulder injury. He has shown will, heart, and smarts can beat size in the NFL and I hate seeing great players stay too long and destroy the greatness they once had.

Don't settle for a lesser ability just to stay on the field.
There is n argument for this too. It's a risk he will flirt with for one more shot...

I'm usually pretty level headed about what I say and when I say it, but I guess I'm still just too angry to care.
Here's my take for today....Who cares about next year or any year after that.

Why do we play the game if when you can win the game, it's given away? That was a 99.9% chance of a win if the obvious penalty was called.
What does all the work mean? Nothing?
Why should any fan of any team care?

I'm so disappointed in myself that I can't get over this.
My common sense tells me to not care about the outcome of a football game going forward. But it's going to be tough to really follow through with that.

I'm not sure we are best at consistently coaching complementary football on that kind of model when the margins of victory are so razor thin.

When your QB is no longer a freakishly automatic machine and defenses are being allowed to mug and target your receivers you have to play things a little more conservative and ride the defense more and not be quite as aggressive.

It's gonna be hard to unlearn.
More than all that you’ve got to be able to run the ball consistently.

Our team should be mostly still intact. Our coaching staff too. Yes we need to resign a few players and maybe add a few pieces, but folks, we have a very very good nucleus. They'll want it just as bad next season.

Possibly even more. Drew is still one of the best QBs in the league and we will still be the best team.

Hey Dutar! Sorry Brother. Brutal way to end the season. Just talked a to a friend who really knows football and is not a Saints fan. I asked him about Brees and age. I thought his response was perfect.....

"Yes he is losing arm strength and has been for a few years, but what he makes up for lost velocity is with his genius game intelligence. You guys (Saints) were one play from the SB. If Brees wants back, you guys should get on your knees and be thankful."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom