Next Year Team Future is still Bright (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
2017 and 2018 will make our boys even stronger and dominate the pains they have been through for such a young team has never happened in NFL history . Yet I wouldn’t want a different Coach GM or Team leaders(Brees,Jordan,Thomas,Lattimore) then we have.

We don’t know what the future holds on key players (Ingram, Pj Williams,Oakafor, Davidson) however barring injures and Brees arm strength and Accuracy we have a chance .

Patrick Robinson, Cameron Meredith 2 key players in what we were building got hurt we overcame the lossses.

We build on what we have built adding more talent experience and the NFL Is in trouble seriously we are literally 1 Play away from being in back to back conference Championship games, maybe back to back Super Bowls.

Loomis , Ireland Payton,Allen and the rest of the staff will have them ready and it’s not going to be pretty what takes place.

Needs:
TE- Hills locked up a soild #2 Pass catcher and blocker #3 I think is already on the roster Griffin or Arnold I think we have to find a #1 not necessarily dominant but effective clutch player

WR- Have the bodies but we could use a soild #2 or 3 depending on Meredith health and return one of these slots are filled possibly. Kirkwood and Smith depends on how the staff feel about them this position could be set or we could look in FA or draft

RB if MI leaves we need a bruiser to complement Kamara

#2CB or 4 CB (Apple competition)

Safety( Williams Regressed, Bell is soild Coleman cap number is high)

DLine (DE)- Davenport is the future across from Jordan depth is needed Hendrickson has been more down the up. If we lose Oakafor we need to add a quality rotational #3 DE

DT-Rankins on his last year of his contract, Davidson is a free agent and Omenyeta is a good rotational #3 Interior.

Still a playoff team, but absolutely no guarantee we will have the type of opportunity we had stolen from us this season. Definitely no guarantee we will have the .1st seed. Brees has been phenomenal but eventually you can’t outrun Father Time.

Wilkerson got hurt for the pack this yr but he was a force early on. Would love to get him and we were interested in him last yr

Then u have Fowler. I feel like stealing him from the rams would be key.

Sooo what you’re saying is our team can get the #1 seed, play at home, and then get screwed again? Awesome!

Last edited:
What about Tyrann Mathieu? He will be available. Also plenty of LB on market too.

Sooo what your saying is our team can get the #1 seed, play at home, and then get screwed again? Awesome!

Get number #1 seed and dominate to the point where ref can’t screw you. Saints had chances to close out that game. Next year in playoffs, close coffin early.

Sooo what your saying is our team can get the #1 seed, play at home, and then get screwed again? Awesome!

The team came back from the Minnesota game and dominated the league, held the next-best team in the NFC to one of it's lowest scores of the season, and broke their undefeated streak in the regular season. They went on a tear on the road and won all but one that was a tight game that could have gone both ways.

I don't know if the Saints can have the same drive as they did this past season. Last season came down to play, this season, they played their hearts out only for some dip on the sidelines to fail to do his job and cost them the game. I don't know how you motivate yourself "beyond" that. Try to "overcome" that. Realistically, it's impossible to do, especially given the nature of how the league's handling it today (ignoring it).

I hate being the pessimist; I freaking hate it, but this is the worst way to have lost this season and hope to motivate the team moving forward.

Can we expect Payton and Brees to get up for another season of grunt work and frustration after all they have done the past two years? Right now it’s hard to see the point of it.

So much truth to this post. People are too upset, I get it living in the moment.. but it boggles my mind when people type things like "The Window is Closed", or "I don't see how this team overcomes this."

Are they failing to see this was a team that won 14 games, and played in a Conference Championship with No Rankins in the 2 playoff victories, Starting Nickel corner from the season opener, and #2 receiver out for the majority of the season, Every O-line starter was playing with an Injury, down to our 4th and 5th string Tight Ends... and still were a blown call from playing in the Super Bowl?

But Drew Brees is going to decline.. and? A declining Drew Brees is still a top 6 QB in this league, If you protect him he will shred you for 80% completion... Payton is really smart about managing Brees' pitchcount.. by utilizing Taysom Hill, the running game, and quick passing game to protect him.

This team overcame the Minnesota Miracle, they can overcome this. Get quality 6th and 7th men at OL, add a legitimate threat at TE, and shifty, reliable slot Receiver, and maybe a playmaking experienced Free Safety and this team is right back in the NFC Championship next year.

Last edited:
It's not that bright.

Brees will be a year older and it's exceedinly difficult to go to back to back NFCCGs. We aren't the Patriots and we don't play in the AFC East. The Falcons and Panthers will both be competitive again next year. A team can get over the Minnesota miracle because it was something they could push to improve on. This will hit them differently and I have no idea how it'll play next season.

It's possible we go 13-3 again next year but this was our best chance and it was stolen.

Difficult, yes. The NFC South will be a beast next season. But they have talent to make it. Look at next season teams they face: The Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers,twice, then Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, and the Tennessee Titans.

I will have to take each game 1 at a time, not care about reaching the postseason, won't purchase any NFL-sanctioned merchandise, won't watch anything but local Saints coverage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom