Next year (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed. Do you guys think that next year we have the possiblity to make a dome patrol defense. I know we need to have a pass catching TE and some OL for run blocking but what if we get a shutdown corner and get some stud LB's. If you guys notice Payton likes to blitz with fujita. The past two game sFujita has been in position to cause havoc. If we got a briggs or Donnie edwards and a stud MLB we could Blitz and create havoc on offenses. I think if we blitz Vick and and jake delhomme they will crumble so we could win the division next year on this alone. I think with this O with a ravenlike D we could own the league. This isnt wishful thinking i think with FA this could happen. Imagine the Saints O with the ravens D it would be unfair. If this team Can force 3-4 consecutive 3and outs our team can score 21 points and eat tons of the clock up. I am really pumped about next years team. Hopefully we win the superbowl or go deep in the playoffs perhaps that will make lots of FA want to come here.

Adding two stud linebackers to play with Fujita, adding another shutdown CB to play alongside MM, getting a healthy Roman Harper back, teaching Bullocks to not bite on the PA so bad, and resigning Charles Grant and Hollis Thomas (I think his deal was one year) will help us in getting there for sure.

We need to get some youth on defense, though, all around. The offense is full of spring chickens, the defense is not.

I don't know about you, but I'm pumped about this years team. I don't know why everyone is writing the Saints off in the playoffs, but I'm not. This season is a long way from over with.

I don't know about you, but I'm pumped about this years team. I don't know why everyone is writing the Saints off in the playoffs, but I'm not. This season is a long way from over with.

agreed

the one thing that excited me the most about last weeks game was the sequence where fujita sniffed out and dismantled a wide receiver screen, then on the next play flew to the ball on an inside run and stopped the ballcarrier in his tracks

what a difference from what we've seen in the past

add some secondary help, another young tackle and a LB to take melton's spot, and i think we can expect continued improvement from the D we already have

Good post SuperFan & Fragmaster, agree with both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom