Next Year's draft (1 Viewer)

chameleonknight

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so I figure we can get Dwayne Bowe in the first, Jamarcus Russel in the second, and Craig Davis in the third. We need some help at corner, so Sammy Joseph in the fourth would be a good pickup. Justin Vincent in the fifth would give us some good depth in case Deuce, Reggie, and every decent backup RB in the NFL goes down.
We trade our sixth for a second (any team will jump on this) and pick up Jesse Daniels. If Chris Jackson waits to the seventh, he'd be a good replacement kicker down the road.
I figure UDFA:

Ryan Willis DE
Brian Johnson OT
Peter Dyakowski OT

Now we just have to hope that the Saints don't schedule Florida or Auburn.

[I just KNOW that some idiots are going to say "that looks like an awesome draft, blah blah, why aren't the saints purple and gold, i don't understand why the earth doesn't in fact turn on baton rouge..."]

Don't forget we need to go after Bo Pelini because our defense gave up 38 points last week.

The one player that would make this team a Super Bowl contender would have to be Chris Jackson. Not only does he kick the ball super duper far he would add an entire new element to are punting game with the fakes we could design around his world class athletic ability. Lets also not forget the what kind of impact he would have if the Saints ever decided to start an off season baseball team. Plus Chris Jackson would have never missed that PAT against the Jags.

Man, why in the world would we want Jamarcus Russel. I am so sick of of people saying that. I'm sorry buddy I don't mean to jump on you like that but Russel is not a winner. Now, I'm a huge LSU fan but if we had a winning QB we would be playing the winner out of this weeks Michigan and Ohio State game in the national championship game. I know, I know he's 6 foot whatever and runs a whatever 40 and has a strong arm but under pressure he is not consistantly a winner. We have a winner at QB right now lets be happy with that.

Man, why in the world would we want Jamarcus Russel. I am so sick of of people saying that. I'm sorry buddy I don't mean to jump on you like that but Russel is not a winner. Now, I'm a huge LSU fan but if we had a winning QB we would be playing the winner out of this weeks Michigan and Ohio State game in the national championship game. I know, I know he's 6 foot whatever and runs a whatever 40 and has a strong arm but under pressure he is not consistantly a winner. We have a winner at QB right now lets be happy with that.

Reverse sarcasm?

I don't get it. I'm a fan of both and will point out to the Purple and Gold lover when they are loving too much, but this just seems weak. Why start a thread about something that you abhor when it isn't even around?

Justin Vincent does look like a decent 7th round try. Sean obviously has an eye for talent. If he goes purple and gold I'm cool with it. Vincent is the ultimate team player. I don't think Bowe represents a need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom