Next Years Schedule (1 Viewer)

jackers

Voted Ron Paul - '08
Reaction score
I am not positive on this, but here goes.

The NFL schedule usually comes out in April. It has each division play its own division teams twice so we know we will play Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa Bay twice next year.

Each team also plays one division from each Conference on a rotating basis. This year we play the NFC East and the AFC North. By looking at our past schedules, it looks like we are due to face the NFC West and the AFC South next year.

The remaining two games of a 17 week schedule is of two teams with similar records in a division we are not playing. For instance, if we finish 1st place in our division, we play two teams that finished first in the divisions we do not already play. I thought it was 1 team from each Conference, but it looks like Carolina played 2 NFC teams this year in the Rams and Vikings.

Obviously, this does not include which games are home and which are away, but I think it gives us a pretty good idea on what to expect next year.

Here's the home and away breakdown besides the divion games:

HOME
Arizona
St. Louis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
NFC East opponent with same division ranking

AWAY
San Francisco
Seattle
Houston
Indianapolis
NFC North opponent with same division ranking

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfcs.htm

That looks about right, but i wonder why that projection has us playing both division leaders on the road (Seattle and Indy). That doesn't seem fair.

That looks about right, but i wonder why that projection has us playing both division leaders on the road (Seattle and Indy). That doesn't seem fair.

It's not, but the schedules are done by formula years in advance. It maybe unfair this year but 8 years down the road when we have the same schedule again Arizona and Jacksonville might be the division leaders and we'll have both at home....

naaah. Just kidding. Arizona will never be the division leader :ezbill:

So, if the season ended right now, we'd have to play the Bears in Soldier Field and the Cowboys at home next year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom