NFC - 11 teams between 5-3 and 3-5 (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Halfway through the season and the playoffs are anyone's guess. The only given in the NFC looks like the Cowboys.

Giants/Skins - how do they keep winning?

Vikes/Eagles/Rams/Bucs/Packers - appear to be circling the drain

Lions - Can they continue to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat?

Of the 8 remaining games, the Saints have 4 against divisional foes and 3 against NFC teams currently in that 3-5 to 5-3 group. Shaping up to be a pretty exciting finish. Hopefully the Saints didn't expend too much energy climbing out of the early hole they found themselves in.

In the words of Bobby Hebert, "this just speaks to da parody of da league."

In all seriousness though, this is a very interesting development. Who knows, this may be one of those odd years like 2006 in which 10-6 earns you a first round bye.

Dak has been playing well, and Zeke is killing it, but I still don't feel like the cowboys are for real...

The Saints pretty much control their own destiny. Things are very tight and the window is not a big one, but if the beat who they are supposed to beat, and sneak another one in, they can finish 10-6 and take a wild card either outright or because of a better NFC record. At 9-7, they would probably get bounced on a tie breaker or lose out to a team with a better record.

After the hole they dug early in the season, a wild card season would be great. This team CAN make a deep run in the playoffs with Drew Brees because he can outscore almost anybody.

I see a trip to Minnesota in the Wild Card round or......the dreaded trip to Seattle to face a Division winner with a worse overall record than the Saints.

Have you watched Minny the last several weeks. They may not make the playoffs after starting 5-0. I think we need to take it one game at a time. Next up is Denver.

The Saints pretty much control their own destiny. Things are very tight and the window is not a big one, but if the beat who they are supposed to beat, and sneak another one in, they can finish 10-6 and take a wild card either outright or because of a better NFC record. At 9-7, they would probably get bounced on a tie breaker or lose out to a team with a better record.

After the hole they dug early in the season, a wild card season would be great. This team CAN make a deep run in the playoffs with Drew Brees because he can outscore almost anybody.

I see a trip to Minnesota in the Wild Card round or......the dreaded trip to Seattle to face a Division winner with a worse overall record than the Saints.

I think the next two games will define our team for this season ... at home against one of the best defenses and on the road against Carolina on a short week .... if we pull off a W in these two games, I will say that we could be for real .... Yesterday's win was not a satisfying one at all ... a lame 49ers team which ranks in the bottom 5 offensively racked u 470+ yds of total offense against us ... completely unacceptable ...

Forecasting every relevant team in the NFC playoffs

---- The Division Winners ----

Dallas is going to win the NFC East, they have a practically insurmountable lead.

Seattle is going to win the NFC West. They have a decent lead and that team is too well coached to lose a bunch of games down the stretch.

Atlanta is going to win the NFC South. They have a comfortable lead in the division and do not look ready to collapse this time. Quinn has done a good job changing the culture.

----Possible Wild Card Teams----

NFC East is the division that worries me the most for the wildcard competition.

The Giants are 5-3 and beat us head to head, so we have to root for the Giants to slide. They haven't played many good teams and haven't been winning convincingly. I don't think they will win as many games in the 2nd half of the season. They finish 9-7 at best.

The Redskins are similar to the Lions: a somewhat talented and inconsistent team with an upper mid level QB. They have a tie on their record, so the Saints will have to win more games than the Redskins in the 2nd half of the season to beat them out for the wildcard.

The Eagles are tied with the Saints, but I don't see this team making the playoffs or finishing better than 8-8.

The NFC North is the most volatile division.

Minnesota is currently leading the NFC north at 5-3, but their best player is on IR, their starting QB is injured, and their OC just resigned out of the blue. They look ready to collapse, I think they finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Detroit is currently ahead of the Saints for the wildcard race, they have some talent but don't look very consistent. I'd expect them to finish at 9-7.

Green Bay has the same record as us, Rodgers has not played well but he could turn it around in a moment's notice play at an elite level. It is difficult to project what this team will do in the next 8 games.

----The Longshot Teams ----

Arizona is currently trailing the Saints in the wildcard race. They would have to go on a serious run to make the playoffs, and of all of the teams with losing records they would be the one to do it. But they have too many injuries and are too far behind the 8 ball now i don't see them finishing above 8-8.

The Panthers are struggling, that superbowl hangover is no joke. The vibe even after their victory was depressing, they aren't turning around the momentum this year.

The Bucs are at least a couple years away from the playoffs.

----- The Home Team ------

The Saints have won 4 out of their last 5 games after starting 0-3. They are a better team now than at the beginning of the season. They still have to make up ground in the wildcard race. But based on how they have improved, the team should play better in the 2nd half of the season. I would bet on the Saints to take an NFC wildcard spot in 2016.

Technically we hold the tie-break over Philly and Green Bay right now.

Also e control our own destiny for the division. If we win all our remaining games we win the division at 12-4, no matter what Atlanta does.

Dallas is going to win the NFC East, they have a practically insurmountable lead.

Seattle is going to win the NFC West. They have a decent lead and that team is too well coached to lose a bunch of games down the stretch.

Atlanta is going to win the NFC South. They have a comfortable lead in the division and do not look ready to collapse this time. Quinn has done a good job changing the culture.

The Giants are 5-3 and beat us head to head, so we have to root for the Giants to slide. They haven't played many good teams and haven't been winning convincingly. I don't think they will win as many games in the 2nd half of the season. They finish 9-7 at best.

The Redskins are similar to the Lions: a somewhat talented and inconsistent team with an upper mid level QB. They have a tie on their record, so the Saints will have to win more games than the Redskins in the 2nd half of the season to beat them out for the wildcard.

The Eagles are tied with the Saints, but I don't see this team making the playoffs or finishing better than 8-8.

Minnesota is currently leading the NFC north at 5-3, but their best player is on IR, their starting QB is injured, and their OC just resigned out of the blue. They look ready to collapse, I think they finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Detroit is currently ahead of the Saints for the wildcard race, they have some talent but don't look very consistent. I'd expect them to finish at 9-7.

Green Bay has the same record as us, Rodgers has not played well but he could turn it around in a moment's notice play at an elite level. It is difficult to project what this team will do in the next 8 games.

Arizona is currently trailing the Saints in the wildcard race. They would have to go on a serious run to make the playoffs, and of all of the teams with losing records they would be the one to do it. But they have too many injuries and are too far behind the 8 ball now i don't see them finishing above 8-8.

The Panthers are struggling, that superbowl hangover is no joke. The vibe even after their victory was depressing, they aren't turning around the momentum this year.

The Saints have won 4 out of their last 5 games after starting 0-3. They are a better team now than at the beginning of the season. They still have to make up ground in the wildcard race. But based on how they have improved, the team should play better in the 2nd half of the season. I would bet on the Saints to take an NFC wildcard spot in 2016.

I don't think it is fair to pencil Atlanta into the division winner list just yet. Technically if we win all of our remaining games we win the division, no matter what they do. They are only 1 loss better than us right now, and we have both the momentum and the schedule to make a run at the division.

Atlanta has a 2 game lead with 8 to go and a head to head.

That's really not a very big lead. The Saints have blown a lead like that multiple times.

ATL has a comfortable lead? What? They only have a one loss diffential between us and them. We are pressing on them. They lose one game and we can lead the division.

Technically we hold the tie-break over Philly and Green Bay right now.

Also e control our own destiny for the division. If we win all our remaining games we win the division at 12-4, no matter what Atlanta does.

Last statement is not completely true. If Atlanta wins every game except against us and we win out, we don't win the division. We would have 4 losses to their three.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom