Nfc championship game (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I went back and watched the game. The no call was really bad but that is not the reason we lost the game. We were outscored 26 to 10 after the first quarter. We were totally outplayed in that game. We had no pass rushers and Dennis Allen blitzed way to much. Other than kamara we had no receive who showed up. The o line didn't play well. We missed Rankin's bad.

If they make the call, we run out the clock and kick a FG at 00:00 or close to it. We win.

Sure, we didn’t play well much of the game. Injuries took their toll. But we absolutely lost the game because of that no-call.

You forgot to mention that we outscored them 13-0 in the first quarter. If we had outscored them 14-0 in the first quarter and won 24-23, would you still say we didn't deserve to win because they outscored us the rest of the game? It's not hockey. They play 4 periods in the NFL.

And even after all of being outplayed after the first quarter as you say, the Saints were still in position to win and would have won if the people who were paid to see and make the call did their job.

Not having it.

And even after all of being outplayed after the first quarter as you say, the Saints were still in position to win and would have won if the people who were paid to see and make the call did their job.

Not having it.
I agree totally I said the same all off season. True we left points on the field, but in the end we put ourselves in position to win and it was taken from us. Two out the last three possessions were ended on no calls go back and watch it again. Ted Ginn was held by Robey which should had been a first down inside the 30. We could of had points there and taken more time off the clock if it would have been called. Then the non contact to helmet on Brees's INT in OT. So no matter how you look at it we were robbed.

You forgot to mention that we outscored them 13-0 in the first quarter. If we had outscored them 14-0 in the first quarter and won 24-23, would you still say we didn't deserve to win because they outscored us the rest of the game? It's not hockey. They play 4 periods in the NFL.
I didn't take the OP as saying that the Saints didn't deserve to win. I took it as it sucked that they were in a position, due to the lack of execution by players and coaches, to let the non-call dictate the outcome of the game. I agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom