Nfc championship game (1 Viewer)

Actually it is the reason we didnt win regardless of how the rest of the game was played. If it was called,game over.

I thought this poster was dying or something like that?

Anyway this guy is clearly trolling now.
I have been a member of this board a long time. I am no troler. I quit posting for a long time because of the newbies who only wanted to attack people. Now you are doing the same. I had a blood problem that is now healed. Thanks very much for your concern

There was another non PI call that hurt the Saints, I believe it was on Ted Ginn on a crucial 3rd down. Let's not forget the hands to Brees' face on the overtime INT. And the Saints got away with a non called face mask. The refs were just plain awful that game.

And another thing to consider, the league obviously has it out for the Saints. They need to go into EVERY game this season with the knowledge they are going to have to beat the refs, the league and the other team. Go for the jugular in every game, dominate every opponent, and make it so the league can't have the refs fix the outcome.

I have been a member of this board a long time. I am no troler. I quit posting for a long time because of the newbies who only wanted to attack people. Now you are doing the same. I had a blood problem that is now healed. Thanks very much for your concern
DR, good to hear your condition improved. Back to your OP, I'm not buying the outplayed by the Rams line and a hard fought battle was decided by inept, possibly corrupt, officiating.

If you want to point to a big game that we were outplayed, look to to the NFCCG against the Vikes. Their fans will cry officiating, but they were benefitting from favorable calls all game and the calls swung our way in OT. No, they lost the game because of turnovers and the critical gaffe of 12 men in the huddle. But we did win because of gritty, determined play that kept us in play and set up our game winning drive. So, despite being outplayed, we deserved that win. Unlike the Rams who didn't deserve to go to the Super Bowl, in spite of playing well. Everyone was robbed of the true finish to that game.

And another thing to consider, the league obviously has it out for the Saints. They need to go into EVERY game this season with the knowledge they are going to have to beat the refs, the league and the other team. Go for the jugular in every game, dominate every opponent, and make it so the league can't have the refs fix the outcome.

Right on! Exactly!

Glad you're doing better, but posting crap like you posted is going to result in you catching hell. Man up and quit whining about it. You brought this on yourself and it's a pattern that's been repeating for years. We all love you and we all have our wrinkles, but please save us the persecution nonsense and thinskinitis.

all the revisionist history can drive you nuts. In the end, we were the unfortunate victim of some terrible no-calls that would have changed the outcome of that game.
The biggest no-call was so egregious that it is still discussed today and rules are being considered to insure it never happens again. That’s a pretty serious no-call.

So we can say how the Saints didn’t play their best that game - and you’d be right. But we lost that game on an egregious error by the officials.

Bottom line — our mediocre game was enough to beat those Rams.

Look the saints were the better team on the field and yes we were robbed. I can tell you that robey had more Pi's in that game than the no call. All im saying is that we were outplayed by the Rams in that game

This makes no sense.

I see both sides: the non call killed us, and the defense had two crucial times to stop them and they didn't.

I know we went safety deep during the draft and I hope that helps but our 2 minute defense in that game didn't help us.

It’s like the OP decided to rehash it again when most of us are trying to move on. How many threads do we have on this topic anyway? I was not trying to be ugly. It is time to move on like SP stated before spring practices. It’s over let’s move on to this season. Our revenge tour! David one day I’m going to buy you a beer at the Swamp Room. :)

Last edited:
I still don't understand how people still say that we got outplayed in the 4th, and how this or that call was or was not made or whatever. It's all irrelevant to the call that was not made to basically end the game period. I've already decided after 35 years to never watch an NFL game again....but, I will get my info from this great site, and be a Saints fan till I die!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom