NFC East - The laughing stock of the NFL (1 Viewer)

St.RobE

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NFC East Division:
Cowboys: 2-4
Eagles: 1-4-1
Giants: 1-5
Football Team: 1-5

The NFC East division record in total is 5-18-1 BUT... 3 of the 5 wins were division games

The division is 2-15-1 in non-division games...

The only 2 non-division wins were against the 1-5 Falcons (we all remember this one... the ultimate choke on the Cowboys onside kick attempt) and the Eagles win against an injury decimated Niners team (first game without Jimmy G, Bosa, Thomas).
Lastly the Eagles tie game against the 1-4-1 rebuild Bengals.

With Dak out the remainder of the season and Dalton looking as rough as ever, Cowboys might be the worst team in this band of misfits. It's a shame we don't have more NFC East games this year.

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort, but the Atlanta Leadblowers have to be in any discussion regarding “laughing stock.” :hihi:

Fair point, but were speaking in terms of Divisions on this one, which clearly the NFC East takes that title this year.

2-15-1 in non-division games....

Only 2 wins against the NFL laughing stock team (Atlanta Leadblowers) and the injury decimated Niners.

Fair point, but were speaking in terms of Divisions on this one, which clearly the NFC East takes that title this year.

2-15-1 in non-division games....

Only 2 wins against the NFL laughing stock team (Atlanta Leadblowers) and the injury decimated Niners.

Understood and please forgive my pettiness. I couldn’t help but take a shot at them.

It is pretty pathetic isn't it!!!

it's gonna suck when of the NFCEast teams finishes in first place with a 6-10 record and makes the playoffs but a 10-6 team in another division not in first will miss the playoffs (like in 2010/11 where Seattle won the division and hosted a playoff game at 7-9 but the Giants and Bucs finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs).

it's gonna suck when of the NFCEast teams finishes in first place with a 6-10 record and makes the playoffs but a 10-6 team in another division not in first will miss the playoffs (like in 2010/11 where Seattle won the division and hosted a playoff game at 7-9 but the Giants and Bucs finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs).

Also sets up the fun scenario where the #5 seed has an easier first round game than the #2 and #3 seeds.

Is it possible that a playoff team (NFC East winner) get the fourth pick in the draft by virtue of their record? Picks 1, 2 & 3 being the other three NFC East teams. :unsure:

So they are guaranteed 10 wins total because of division games (assuming no ties).

I can't see them getting more than 10 non division wins.

So that would be 20 total wins between 4 teams. An average record of 5-11.

Imagine a worst case scenario:

Philly........,... 5-10-1 (4-6)
Dallas........... 5-11 (3-7)
NY Giants..... 3-13 (2-8)
Washington.. 3-13 (2-8)

Last edited:
Is it possible that a playoff team (NFC East winner) get the fourth pick in the draft by virtue of their record? Picks 1, 2 & 3 being the other three NFC East teams. :unsure:
No, playoff teams are automatically lumped together with the time they exited the playoffs and then by record.

So the NFC East champ picks no better than 19th this year (14 teams make the playoffs 19-32).
If they manage to win that first game, then they'd pick no better than 25th.

Lastly the Eagles tie game against the 1-4-1 rebuild Bengals.

A game the Eagles were in position to win TWICE during sudden death, only to penalize themselves out of field goal range.

TWICE!

And then they punted to preserve the tie, rather than try and convert 4th and long -- because they thought the Bengals -- the BENGALS -- would be too dangerous to risk giving them possession near mid field.

That was easily the most irritating football I saw all season.

Last edited:
So they are guaranteed 10 wins total because of division games (assuming no ties).

I can't see them getting more than 10 non division wins.

So that would be 20 total wins between 4 teams. An average record of 5-11.

Imagine a worst case scenario:

Philly........,... 5-10-1 (4-6)
Dallas........... 5-11 (3-7)
NY Giants..... 3-13 (2-8)
Washington.. 3-13 (2-8)

It would be impressively bad to see a 5-10-1 Eagles be crowned NFC East champs haha but it’s very much a scenario I could see happening :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom