NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas considers Saints SS Roman Harper a candidate for release (1 Viewer)

Not the vet minimum man.

People around here also said, "We don't have the personnel to run a 3-4" too.

I'll at least say that I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't in a Saints uni next season.

Trading or releasing Harper results in the same thing.

8 million dollars in cap penalties over the next 2 years.

Harper won't restructure unless he gets at least around 4 million guaranteed and a promise that he'll stay on the roster.

Harper isn't going anywhere, stop bringing it up, it shouldn't even be up for discussion. He signed a grea deal the second he was picked for the pro bowl. 16 million guaranteed.

The Saints are all in on him until his contract is up.

Pat Yasucksanass is never worth reading. His articles are equivalent to listening to a politician speak...there are usually words there, but they don't mean anything and haven't been backed up by any legitimate research.

Harper won't restructure unless he gets at least around 4 million guaranteed and a promise that he'll stay on the roster.

Harper isn't going anywhere, stop bringing it up, it shouldn't even be up for discussion. He signed a grea deal the second he was picked for the pro bowl. 16 million guaranteed.

Your numbers are way off... Here is a link to Harper's contract.

It'd be a $3.5 million cap hit this year if we release or trade him and a $1.75 million cap hit this year and next if we designate him a June 1st cut.

He has a cap number of $7.1 million this year, $7.9 million next.

He can restructure his $5.25 million base salary to a signing bonus which would decrease his cap number by $2.5 million this year but increase it by the same amount next year.

It is worth discussing because we are $20 million over cap with a left tackle to sign.

Ok i am actually going to read this article, and i'm going to predict what it inside before i dive in.
1) Harper's Cap value
2) Harper was statistically graded as one of the worst safeties in the NFL
3) Will also mention Jenkins as being the worst as well
4) Mention of Greg Williams somewhere in here
5) Mention of his prior usage as a sack artist in years past

Let's see how i do...

edit - epic fail. How could i have thought it would have been an actual article. i should have known better. :covri:

espn should consider him a writing candidate to be released

lol....

Ok i am actually going to read this article, and i'm going to predict what it inside before i dive in.
1) Harper's Cap value
2) Harper was statistically graded as one of the worst safeties in the NFL
3) Will also mention Jenkins as being the worst as well
4) Mention of Greg Williams somewhere in here
5) Mention of his prior usage as a sack artist in years past

Let's see how i do...

edit - epic fail. How could i have thought it would have been an actual article. i should have known better. :covri:

You gave him way too much credit.

He wasn't "picked" he was a replacement player. Do you think Brees would say he is a pro-bowler this year because someone is hurt or doesn't want to play? This constant refrain that Harper is a two time pro bowler is a joke. He is a two time player in the pro bowl because nobody else wanted it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

espn should consider him a writing candidate to be released

Ever notice how the articles this guy writes that are favorable to the Saints make him pulitzer worthy while all others make him a hack devoid of talent?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom