NFC South Pick Challenge Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Regular Season Week # 2 Date: 9/19/2010

The week one winning board was the Buccaneers. The message of the week from the winning board comes from player (-ts); "We need more enemy fans involved to really compare IMO. I like that aspect of picking against them."

- I do to, especially when we win...hehehe - conrad77

This challenge will have an official prize. It will be a Premier NFL Jersey from NFL Shop.

All are welcome!
Join the fun!

REGULAR SEASON RULES
Here's how it's done. To play, working with the spread, you pick four games each week, ONLY from the list posted below. If playing that week, any individual games not picked will be considered a loss. All games with NFCS teams are included, except Thursday/Friday games. The spread will come from FootballLocks.com once all NFCS numbers are known.
All initial point spreads that end in a WHOLE number will have .5 added by the moderator and will be included in the numbers you see posted below, so there can be no ties.

There is also a tiebreaker to determine the weekly Champ and it will always be GROSS passing yards for team selected, usually the Bucs.

POSTING YOUR SELECTIONS-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Except for byes and when a NFCS team is playing each other, the first choice for selections will be NFCS teams. Otherwise, the moderator will select other games played on a SUNDAY, as need be, to make it four games.

To be in the running for the seasonal Champ, you need to have played at least half the games to date. To win the overall title, you need to have played ten weeks (40 games) and must have also played one of the final two weeks. (Can start as late as week 8 if you play all the remaining games.) The seasonal Champion is determined by best picking PERCENTAGE, NOT by the most number of wins.

Anyone can win the weekly Champ if you play 4 games in any given week!

When picking the tie breaker it will the one closest. If one is over and one is under, the tie goes to the player under. Example: If the passing yards number is 250. If someone picks 251 and someone else picks 249, the one with 249 wins.

Deadlines for entering is Noon each Sunday for games that week.
However, if there is an NFCS game on Saturday, the cutoff is NOON SATURDAY. Posts or changes after those times will not be considered.

Reports:
There are two reports:
1. Current weeks results, which includes naming the weekly Champ, the winning board (percentage of wins) and a listing of all who played that week.
2. YTD. It lists all who have played and their percentages.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy!

This weeks games and the spreads are:

Game #1 Bucs +2.5 @ Carolina -2.5
Game #2 Cardinals + 6.5 @ Falcons -6.5
Game #3 Steelers +5.5 @ Titans -5.5
Game #4 Dolphins +5.5 @ Vikings -5.5

(IE, if you pick the Vikings to win, they must win by 5.5 points {realistically 6 points since you can't score 5.5...} in order for you to get the win. If you picked the Vikings and they won by only 3 points, you would not get the win.)

This weeks tiebreaker team is: Bucs (Gross Passing Yards)

Good Luck!

bucs
falcons
titans
vikings

passing yards 232

God it feels wrong picking all four of those teams i feel dirty

Just to clarify, anyone can play this week. Even if you didn't play in week 1. You only need a total of 10 weeks to qualify for the title and every week you play can help your board win weekly bragging rights. I would loooooove to see you guys get 15-20 players and really go after it this week. If we get enough players from each team, I will contact the board admin for all the boards and see if we are able to offer some real prizes (NFL gift certificate, custom jersey, game tickets, etc). Would that work for you guys?

I digress a little but you state all NFCS teams except Thursday/Friday games. Why no Saints game this week?

Carolina
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Miami

TB passing yards 243

I digress a little but you state all NFCS teams except Thursday/Friday games. Why no Saints game this week?

Carolina
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Miami

TB passing yards 243

The admin for the challenge often cuts out Monday games as it causes issues with his calculation schedule. All I can say is tell your team to stop being good and getting prime time games...lol. I promise, your team will be included for week 3 or I will *gulp* wear a Reggie Bush jersey in public!

Kittens
Cardinals
Titans
Dolphins

pass yards 192

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom