NFC South QB's: Toughest Conference In The League? (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
UPDATD__NFC South QB's: Toughest Conference In The League?

All that's left is for one of Carolina's rookies to blossom and it would be hard to find a better group of four QB's in any other division... right?

2. Ryan. Before you start screaming, New Orleans fans, let me say that I’m going with Ryan over Brees by only the slightest of margins. Brees has more yards and more touchdowns, but those 19 interceptions are just a few too many. Ryan plays in a more deliberate offense and that keeps his numbers from going off the charts. But I like the fact he has 10 fewer interceptions than Brees. One other stat that comes to mind here -- the Falcons have lost twice, while the Saints have lost four games.

3. Brees. Like I said, this is all still up for grabs. If the Saints win Monday night and Brees has a big game, he probably jumps straight to No. 1.

5. Josh Freeman. You could even make a case for the Tampa Bay quarterback as No. 1. It would depend largely on how you define MVP, but you could definitely make the case that if Freeman wasn’t around, the Bucs might be 0-14, instead of 8-6. Take Brees, Turner, Ryan or White off their teams and the Saints and Falcons still would be competitive. But there will be plenty of time in the future to talk about Freeman as the NFC South’s MVP or maybe even the NFL’s MVP. It’s not quite that time yet.

Who's MVP of the NFC South? - NFC South Blog - ESPN

Brees's ints are a major issue. That said, I wouldn't take him over any QB in the league.

Matt ryan can go sit on a shaver...

Brees's ints are a major issue. That said, I wouldn't take him over any QB in the league.

Matt ryan can go sit on a shaver...

I'm confused... you would or would not take Brees?

I really can't think of another division in either the AFC or NFC that has a brighter outlook at the QB psoition than the NFC South does.

That makes it all the more difficult and special when your team wins that NFC South crown.
We are becoming the SEC of the NFL.

One thing not mentioned about drew's interceptions. If feels to me (have not researched it) that several of these have come on 3rd down when he has taken a shot deep. In essence it is a big play or a punt?

Just my $0.02 - For what its worth - I would only want Drew - he has proven he has what it takes!

One thing not mentioned about drew's interceptions. If feels to me (have not researched it) that several of these have come on 3rd down when he has taken a shot deep. In essence it is a big play or a punt?

Just my $0.02 - For what its worth - I would only want Drew - he has proven he has what it takes!

batted balls... tip drills... missed routes... but also some awful decisions with the ball too

on subject though... name division with a better group of QB's?

How can in 1 breath the guy say brees stats are better but discount them cause he plays in a more dynamic offense but still count his ints even though he plays in a more aggressive offense.

Sometimes these jackrabbit reports make no sense

2. Ryan. Ryan plays in a more deliberate offense and that keeps his numbers from going off the charts. But I like the fact he has 10 fewer interceptions than Brees.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/16777/whos-mvp-of-the-nfc-south

If Ryan was in a pass 80% offense, he would fall apart... It amazes me that people think if some QB's passed more, they would have better numbers... The reason they run that offense is becasue he NEEDS the run to protect him...

There is a reason Brees Brady and Manning do what they do and others don't.... Cuz they can and the others can't...

Would Eli Manning's numbers be better if his RBs got hurt and he had to pass 80% of the time cuz he was behind or running game was ineffective.. I say NO WAY!!! Same for Matt Ryan... With out his running game, he would not be able to dink and dunk and would be forced to make plays... He's not capable of doing it consistently enough to win games...

This is the 1st analogy i thought of but when the Bulls won championships, steve Kerr was their 3 point shooter and led the league in 3 point percentage around 43%.... So if Jordan and Pippen got hurt, you just have Kerr shoot more and he would have more points??? NO!!! Even if Jordan and Pippen weren't hurt, just feed Kerr and his 43% and he'd score 50 every game... NO!!! Kerr's success was a result of his team mates... Matt Ryan is dependent on his running game to be successful.... Drew does not... Sure it make it easier but he can beat most teams by himself and can beat the good teams half the time by himself (Pitt)

If Ryan was in a pass 80% offense, he would fall apart... It amazes me that people think if some QB's passed more, they would have better numbers... The reason they run that offense is becasue he NEEDS the run to protect him...

There is a reason Brees Brady and Manning do what they do and others don't.... Cuz they can and the others can't...

Would Eli Manning's numbers be better if his RBs got hurt and he had to pass 80% of the time cuz he was behind or running game was ineffective.. I say NO WAY!!! Same for Matt Ryan... With out his running game, he would not be able to dink and dunk and would be forced to make plays... He's not capable of doing it consistently enough to win games...

This is the 1st analogy i thought of but when the Bulls won championships, steve Kerr was their 3 point shooter and led the league in 3 point percentage around 43%.... So if Jordan and Pippen got hurt, you just have Kerr shoot more and he would have more points??? NO!!! Even if Jordan and Pippen weren't hurt, just feed Kerr and his 43% and he'd score 50 every game... NO!!! Kerr's success was a result of his team mates... Matt Ryan is dependent on his running game to be successful.... Drew does not... Sure it make it easier but he can beat most teams by himself and can beat the good teams half the time by himself (Pitt)

Unfortunately true

I have a feeling that Josh is gonna be a thorn in our side for years to come

"When I took the job and sat down with Marty Hurney, our general manager, one of the things we talked about was that this has become a passing league and more so a franchise quarterback league," Carolina Coach Ron Rivera said. "If you don't have a franchise quarterback, you're going to struggle, which led to us going out and investigating and eventually drafting Cam Newton. We look at our division, there are three franchise quarterbacks (other than Newton). We have more quality quarterbacks in our division right now than anybody else does."
NFC South boasts four great quarterbacks - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

Sorry, but there is only ONE elite QB in the NFC South.
The other three are simply hype.

Sorry, but there is only ONE elite QB in the NFC South.
The other three are simply hype.
funny you mentioned 'hype'... I think your entire assessment is hyperbole sans the part about Drew being elite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom