NFC South Schedules (Prior to 11/10 Atlanta game) (1 Viewer)

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
The VERY early thinking/hope is that Drew Brees will be back for the November 10th game vs Atlanta in the Dome. This is all very speculative right now, it may be sooner, it may be later, it may be never, we just don't know. If Brees gets back after the week 9 BYE and plays his first game back against Atlanta in week 10, this is what the games coming up looks like.

Saints: (Currently 1-1)
@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona
BYE (week 9)
Atlanta

Saints need to somehow win 3 games before the BYE. (Tampa, Jacksonville and Arizona are the most likely.) That puts our record at 4-4 prior to the BYE week and prior to the Atlanta game. If we are 3-5 the season is not yet over at a long shot, but 4-4 would be great.

Atlanta: (Currently 1-1 ...Eagles, you only needed to do ONE thing this year!)
@ Indy
Tennessee
@ Houston
Arizona
Rams
Seattle
BYE (week 9)
@ Saints

Honestly, need the Texans to step up here. I see Atlanta going 4-2 at best in these 6 games, more likely 3-3.

Tampa Bay: (Currently 1-1)
Giants
@ Rams
@ Saints
Carolina
BYE (week 7)
@ Tennessee
@ Seattle
Cardinals (Nov 10, same week that Saints host Falcons)

Again, if Saints can beat Tampa, I see the Bucs going 3-3 at best during these game, more likely 2-4.

Carolina: (Currently 0-2)
@ Arizona
@ Houston
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
BYE (week 7)
@ San Francisco
Tennessee
@ Green Bay (Nov 10, same week that Saints host Falcons)

I have Carolina going 2-4 in this stretch, at best 3-3. That team is just putrid.

Given all of this we are looking at, prior to the November 10th game in the Dome vs Atlanta the NFC South being like this:

Atlanta at 4-4 or 5-3
Saints at 3-5 or 4-4
Tampa Bay at 3-5 or 4-4
Carolina at 2-6 or 3-5

This Division is still VERY winnable if the Saints get Drew Brees back for the Nov 10th game vs Atlanta and if the rest of the division continues to play average football. Saints MUST at least "hold serve" and somehow win two of their next four games. After the Atlanta Game on Nov 10th, look for the Saints to be on top of the NFC South.

Thank you for doing all this work. I was really hoping someone would because, to be honest, I'm at a loss. I feel in my heart the season is not over, I just needed something to tell my mind.

I see Rams Seattle and Houston as losses for Atlanta.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom