Article NFC South Tight Ends Preview For 2020 (1 Viewer)

ktmoze

VIP Subscribing Member
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
⚜NFC SOUTH TIGHT ENDS PREVIEW FOR 2020⚜
🏈@Saints @SaintsNews #saints #saintsnews🏈
👇CLICK and READ the SAINTS NEWS ARTICLE👇

Last edited by a moderator:
I really just think Gronk will end up being a side story. I don't think he can play significant or healthy football at this point. The real story in Tampa is how Brady does with those great receivers. How does he adapt to only his second system and does he continue to decline. I would not trade the position we are in at TE with too many teams at this point. Cook has taken the adjustment lumps and he is capable of putting up beast numbers if he stays healthy. And I love what we have behind him.

In the NFC South the Saints on offense have the Best QB, Best O-line, Best set of WRS, Best RB Duo and the best TE with Cook. Oh ye and an almost unstoppable weapon in Taysom. Don't see how any Defense is going to contain this offense.

Saw an article by David Carr on the top 10 TE list he has Gronk at number 5 and Cook not on it. Then again what does he know about football. A few years ago he had Derek Carr ranked ahead of Drew Brees on a list of best QBs

I really just think Gronk will end up being a side story. I don't think he can play significant or healthy football at this point.

I agree. Gronk really hasn't been Gronk in years. The last few years he looked labored when he was running and his mobility was almost non existent. He's still a big guy and he can still catch. I'm sure he'll do well in the red zone if he's healthy. But the days of him taking over games and being an unstoppable force are over and have been for some time.

I think Godwin / Evans are going to benefit tremendously from Brady. Brady is a good QB and I think Godwin / Evans are going to benefit most. Gronk just has to be the safety net / 3rd option for Brady and I think he will fill that well.

The real concern for Tampa to me would be the offensive line. It is atrocious and has some promising rookies but they are still rookies.

I really just think Gronk will end up being a side story. I don't think he can play significant or healthy football at this point. The real story in Tampa is how Brady does with those great receivers. How does he adapt to only his second system and does he continue to decline. I would not trade the position we are in at TE with too many teams at this point. Cook has taken the adjustment lumps and he is capable of putting up beast numbers if he stays healthy. And I love what we have behind him.

why do you think hecan’t put up great numbers because he sat out a year? Do you kno the number of players that get injured miss a full season and come back and ball. He wasn’t injured and I’m sure worked out there’s no reason to believe Gronkowski won’t be effective as he was in NE

why do you think hecan’t put up great numbers because he sat out a year? Do you kno the number of players that get injured miss a full season and come back and ball. He wasn’t injured and I’m sure worked out there’s no reason to believe Gronkowski won’t be effective as he was in NE

it’s based on the way he was playing before the year off. The year off has probably gotten him heated up completely but it isn’t going to help with the recurrence of back issues or the nicks and backs that bug us more as we get older. I think the article is spot on that used conservatively he can contribute significantly. I just don’t think he is the important factor as to whether they get over the top. If Brady finds the fountain of youth down south and he gels quickly with those young receivers, then we have cause for concern.

it’s based on the way he was playing before the year off. The year off has probably gotten him heated up completely but it isn’t going to help with the recurrence of back issues or the nicks and backs that bug us more as we get older. I think the article is spot on that used conservatively he can contribute significantly. I just don’t think he is the important factor as to whether they get over the top. If Brady finds the fountain of youth down south and he gels quickly with those young receivers, then we have cause for concern.
I agree I don’t see him as a 1200 yard player but I do think he can put up 800+ yards and 10+TDs especially since teams can’t focus in on him there

In the NFC South the Saints on offense have the Best QB, Best O-line, Best set of WRS, Best RB Duo and the best TE with Cook. Oh ye and an almost unstoppable weapon in Taysom. Don't see how any Defense is going to contain this offense.

Saw an article by David Carr on the top 10 TE list he has Gronk at number 5 and Cook not on it. Then again what does he know about football. A few years ago he had Derek Carr ranked ahead of Drew Brees on a list of best QBs
Best RB duo???

The type of injuries and health issues Gronk has tend to be recurring, I actually think he is foolish to come back at all. I really don't believe he will finish the season, just MO.

I'm also not scared of Brady, I think he will be a shell of his former self this year, behind an average offensive line he will begin to look very....mortal....we will see....

The type of injuries and health issues Gronk has tend to be recurring, I actually think he is foolish to come back at all. I really don't believe he will finish the season, just MO.

I'm also not scared of Brady, I think he will be a shell of his former self this year, behind an average offensive line he will begin to look very....mortal....we will see....
I think if the Bucs happen to get a RB like Freeman,Fornette or McCoy to pair with Jones they’ll be just fine.

I think if the Bucs happen to get a RB like Freeman,Fornette or McCoy to pair with Jones they’ll be just fine.

Maybe, but they didn't really upgrade their oline much....they drafted a T I thought overrated at Iowa....we will see...

I’m hoping Adam Trautman comes in and looks like a beast 2nd tight end like Dallas Goedert or Mark Andrews as rookies. If we were to have two weapons from the tight end position that would be sick. I think he has the talent to play right away, but COVID isn’t going to help any rookies this year.

It took a few games, but Jared Cook looked damn good last year as well. He’s like an oversized receiver and hopefully Trautman can offer more as a pure tight end. Then having Josh Hill as well gives us probably the deepest we’ve been at that position. Might not be as good as Gronk, Howard, & Brate, but should be pretty good if Trautman can pick up the offense in his rookie year.

Trautman... coming out of Dayton, joining a complicated and intricate offense, and starting off under a pandemic with a greatly altered and shortened offseason... has little-to-no chance of “exploding” onto the scene and being a factor as a rookie. It’ll take an injury to Cook or Hill for Trautman to be elevated to the 2nd team TE this season... and Taysom Hill will also steal some TE snaps in his Swiss Army Knife roles.
I like Trautman as a prospect... but his development will no doubt be delayed with the current state of things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom