NFC Standings at this moment (1 Viewer)

basically ive wasted 5 hours at work today playing with this ... 12-4 is likely to get the 2 seed and still looks decent for the 1... obviously depends on conference records and a few upsets along the way. But personally I would be thrilled with the 2 seed.

GB will lose at least 2 of those.
Seriously, the absolute best we can realistically hope for is for them to lose to San Francisco and Minnesota. Chicago & Detroit are dreadfully bad now and have almost zero chance of upsetting the Packers down the stretch.

I dont think any outcome, good or bad, is off the table at this time.

My best hope is winning our remaining NFC South games and having Car, Atl, and TB take turns beating each other up.

I'm still on goal #1. Win your division.

As for SOS... I think its mostly a myth. Last Sunday is exhibit A

Here is my prediction.

NFC Playoff:
1. Green Bay
2. New Orleans
3. San Francisco vs #6 Seattle
4. Philadelphia vs #5 Minnesota

2nd Round:
Minn@GB
San Fran@ NO

We are not the only team that will have a clunker. All teams have them. We have gotten ours out of the way. GB, STL, and the Niners all have to have one at some point. Plus, the Niners are not as good as their record makes them seem. They will be the wild card team in the end, with STL winning that division.

NFC standings
  1. West: 49ers (8-1)
  2. North: Packers (8-2)
  3. South: Saints (7-2)
  4. East: Cowboys (5-4)
  5. Wild card: Seahawks (8-2)
  6. Wild card: Vikings (7-3)

In the hunt
  • Rams (5-4)
  • Eagles (5-4)
  • Panthers (5-4)
  • Bears (4-5)
What can we garner from this? Rams, Eagles, Cowboys, Panthers are all mediocre. The real challenge is the schedule each team faces to close out the season, and by far the easiest schedule the rest of the way is our own. The Vikings seem to have the 2nd easiest schedule remaining, while the Niners, Seahawks, and Packers have to play each other, and beat each other up. Throw in a Road Loss for the Niners @ Nawlins, and it should seem clear that the NFC Championship should go through Nawlins.

Let’s see if the Saints can win in Tampa Sunday. The abortion vs the Falclowns, and the key injuries that came along with it, have really shaken the team’s make-up. Losing in very ugly fashion to a 1-7 team in the Dome in inexcusable. I want to see how the team responds before I even consider starting to project seeds and playoff standing...

Here is my prediction.

NFC Playoff:
1. Green Bay
2. New Orleans
3. San Francisco vs #6 Seattle
4. Philadelphia vs #5 Minnesota

2nd Round:
Minn@GB
San Fran@ NO
This is almost like to Divisional games in the Championship Division rounds. We came from the old West Division, so we know Frisco well, and they were our Divisional foes for so long. And, we owe them! lol.

But assuming we win against SF. Do we go to Green Bay or do y'all come to us lol

That's a good question.
Vikings are still too weird of a team to predict that.
As a Vikings fan I'll say we "SHOULD" have beat GB in Green Bay, but that's a different story.
We lost. We are what our record says we are.
It's always fun to play the Saints. Fans get excited about that.

I'm more nervous in the fact that we are starting to have injuries mount up. Lattimore, Peat, Kamara, Cook, and all the others. Man, this is the time to start getting healthy, not having more players go down. This is becoming scary.

we took it on the chin vs Atlanta, injury wise. But its important to remember that we were almost as healthy as possible before that game. Most other teams probably still fair worse than us as far as injuries on the season. Injuries are a given, its all about who moves forward with them the best.

I don’t think we have the easiest schedule. I do hope you’re right tho. Would love home field advantage. We’d need at least 12-4 and maybe 13-3 imo.

we took it on the chin vs Atlanta, injury wise. But its important to remember that we were almost as healthy as possible before that game. Most other teams probably still fair worse than us as far as injuries on the season. Injuries are a given, its all about who moves forward with them the best.

Hahaha love your avatar. Just noticed it. And so true. That creep loves smelling everyone. Amazed more people haven’t caught on to that, but on second thought that probably shouldn’t surprise me. He also enjoys smelling children like that. Total creep.

Seriously, the absolute best we can realistically hope for is for them to lose to San Francisco and Minnesota. Chicago & Detroit are dreadfully bad now and have almost zero chance of upsetting the Packers down the stretch.

The saints lost to the falcons. I can say that the lions and the bears are at least as good/talented as the falcons. Isn't the record thrown away in divisional gamed?

Looking at schedules ahead, I see Seattle jumping the 9ers for their division and Eagles getting over the cowboys. Hopeful we end up either 1 or 2. Packers have an easy schedule and would hate to go to Lambeau in Jan

Seattle seems poised to come out of their bye this week and turn on the gas for the home stretch. Should be an exciting finish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom