NFC West: Do you buy the hype? (1 Viewer)

I didn't realize Butler was going to play both OLB positions at the same time. Must have missed it when we signed him that he was a shape shifter.

.....this is not the first time I hear that both Galette & Wilson will be backups. many don't think much of their pass rushing skills. And there are always the UDFAs, who could surprise everybody. heck, Galette was an UDFA himself when the Saints got him...

Yeah, but its totally a two team race. Seattle's for real, theyre built to handle SF. Their D and the additions to their O, make Seattle kind of scary. I think they'll beat out the 9ers and win their division.

SF won't do much this yr. Seattle? Watch and see. I'm going to bet they win the division if my bookie posts division champ bets.

Seattle needs to improve play on the right side of their O-Line, but they are looking good otherwise. And the D is scary good.

I didn't realize Butler was going to play both OLB positions at the same time. Must have missed it when we signed him that he was a shape shifter.

Butler is that good - we not only need no one on the other side, we don't need any depth at the position either.

I think you will not see the same production from the option offenses or QB's that you saw last year and I even predict some pretty severe injuries to those uber mobile QB's this year as well. Those gimmick offenses took the NFL by surprise last year just like the Wildcat did the year it came out and if you'll notice, that's gone the way of the dodo. Teams like SF and Seattle will not have the success they did last year and I doubt that they'll even make the playoffs. Over the years, I've seen lots of run and gun, Air Coryell yadda, yadda, yadda, come out and do great the first year and then give way to the typical, pocket passing QB's and offenses. You can't win consistently with gimmick schemes.

I think Seattle is good, but not on the level of the coverage they been getting in the media. Not having Chris Clemons is huge for Seattle. They brought in Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett, but neither is on Clemons level. Not sure what they are gonna do at WLB, but that's a huge hole IMO. Now adding Percy Harvin was huge though and it's gonna be interesting to see how they use him. The only problem with having a QB that runs a lot is that they are proven to get injured so having a good back up is key and Brady Quinn is not a good back up, lol! The right side of the o-line is a question mark as well.

Now San Fran looks really dangerous! Adding Anquan Boldin was huge and what they give up to get him is laughable! The offensive line is the best in football. Losing Delainie sp? Walker is huge, but maybe they found a replacement in Vance McDonald. Losing Goldson is huge, but they replaced him with Eric Reid which may be better in the long run, this year I highly doubt it. Justin Smith is getting older and they brought in Glenn Dorsey but I think he isn't fit for the 3-4 D. Not sure if they going to play Tank Carradine at DE or OLB. Now what they did do which is not really seen as a big move but they replaced their lost back up QB with a better one than Seattle did with Colt McCoy. When you have a QB that runs you want an experienced back up and Colt gives them that. The defense and O-line are the best in the league and when that's the case you are damn good football team!!!

Seattle did some really nice things this offseason as did San Fransisco. The Rams are going to really surprise some people. JF always puts together solid defensive units and solid offensive lines then they line up and play nasty. The Cardinals have a very impressive assortment of talent and really just a QB and OT away from being a very good team.

All four teams have a very nice talent level, play extremely physical, play good defense and give great effort. Just those things are good enough to get a team to .500 with below average offenses. The Rams and Cardinals will have to prove they can move the ball consistently before anyone can discuss them competing for the division but they have the other pieces in place. Both teams have a wild card. For the Rams it is Bradford and Austin. For the Cards it is QB play and pass protection.

For the Niners and Hawks it is simply a matter of building and expanding on last season. I think both teams are in a place where the only thing that can keep them out the playoffs is a run of injuries.

The west's record against us the past few seasons suggests we should buy the hype.

Even the bottom 2 teams(cards/rams) gave us fits

All 4 teams have pretty stout defenses and their offenses are young and built for power and longevity.

They are the real deal...but so are we

Those still doubting SF are just deluding themselves at this point.

I can't stand Harbaugh either, but they are a very good team.

Those still doubting SF are just deluding themselves at this point.

I can't stand Harbaugh either, but they are a very good team.

I don't doubt that SF is good, I have my doubts about Seattle, mainly because we don't know how Wilson is going to handle his second year at QB. Although I do believe that SF's Aquilles heal might be relying to much on a 33 year old D-lineman (J.Smith) to not get injured or to play as well as he has until now. I don't believe they tried finding an adequate replacement for him during this draft, IMO.

Both Seattle and San Fran is the real deal. Thank goodness we get the off season to prepare for there style of QB.

The NFC has become a defensive powerhouse. But you need a good offense to be consistent.

Im not, and never have been sold on QBs who rely on running the ball themselves to move the offense.

They always take the leaue by storm first year in an offense then fizzle out to become average at best players with occasional flash of stardom.

My thoughts exactly. They will return to earth in 2013,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom