NFC West is going to screw a good team out of a playoff spot (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The best team in the West is Seattle at 5-5 and they could potentially host a playoff game. I'm going to feel bad for the team who gets put out because of whoever wins the West

The best team in the West is Seattle at 5-5 and they could potentially host a playoff game. I'm going to feel bad for the team who gets put out because of whoever wins the West

So what. It's about winning your own division. If you don't, it's a system that is already set. Every sport is played this way and I won't feel bad for the team that sits home with a winning record. Last year it was the Falcons.

That's why you have to win your division. Thems da rules. I don't mind it at all. I remember a few years back the Pats under Matt Cassel went 11-5 and missed the playoffs because the Dolphins won the AFC East at 11-5 and two other wildcard teams had better records or owned the tie-breakers.

You have to figure that most years an 11-5 record gets you the division or at the very least a wildcard. That had to be brutal for Pats fans but ths is a man's game. Win your division and you won't have to worry about it.

That's why you have to win your division. Thems da rules. I don't mind it at all. I remember a few years back the Pats under Matt Cassel went 11-5 and missed the playoffs because the Dolphins won the AFC East at 11-5 and two other wildcard teams had better records or owned the tie-breakers.

You have to figure that most years an 11-5 record gets you the division or at the very least a wildcard. That had to be brutal for Pats fans but ths is a man's game. Win your division and you won't have to worry about it.

I agree - and on the same token.....do we remember 2 years ago when Arizona won a terrible NFC west at 9-7, got hot, made it to the super bowl and nearly won it?????? Arizona was also considered the least likely of the playoff teams to advance at all, much less make that kind of a run.......

The one thing that I DO disagree with is the home-field advantage issue. While the division winners should all get in despite their records, an 8-8 Seattle team should not have home-field over a 12-4 wildcard New Orleans or Atlanta team.

If we win our division, we have nothing to worry about. If we don't, we'll probably grab a top wild-card spot, smash Seattle in seattle in the first round, and then do our best to get from the Wild-card to the Super Bowl (quite a few teams have done it)

Well, 2 of the last 5 Conference champions were from the NFC West, and 6 of the last 6 NFC West champions have won at least one playoff game, so I don't think they're exactly wasting a spot.

Have you SEEN your division this year?

/On a side note, I hope the Rams do end up being the West champs. Mainly because the other three teams have spent the last year or so going backwards. The Rams look like the only team in that wasteland that look like they actually want to play football this year.

The only thing I would change would be seed ranking

A 9-7 team should NOT get HFA over a 12-4 team

NFC West has to be the weakest division in the conference. I think the Cardinals are the only team in that division that made it in the playoffs these days. Be nice to see someone new from the NFC west to go to the playoffs.

everyone is undefeated once post-season begins... regular season records don't count

Just think of the lucky wild card team that gets to play them. Now it won't be a gimme but the last wild card spot will get to play them. Almost as good as being one of the bottom 2 division winners. But then if that wild card team wins they would have to play the #1 seed division winner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom